Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt makes appeal to fans before Colchester clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ supporters may not be in the building for this afternoon’s must-win League Two clash with Colchester United - but they can still play a big part.

Ian Evatt reckons the good vibes sweeping around the town have made a major contribution to a 13-game unbeaten run, which has transformed Bolton’s season.

The Whites boss says he is proud of the relentless attitude shown by his players in recent weeks and victory at the UniBol today could lift them as high as second place in the table.

There will be a decision to be made in midfield as George Thomason bids to keep his place ahead of Lloyd Isgrove in a team which appears to be peaking at exactly the right time.

But Evatt knows he cannot stand back and admire his handiwork and he has called on the fanbase to help him motivate the side as they look to put another three points on the board.

“We need more of the same,” he said. “I think the whole atmosphere around the club is amazing at the moment and I’ve spoke about that the last few weeks.

“Even though the fans aren’t physically with us we can feel them and we sense that they’re with us and they’re pushing us.

“I know they will be enjoying this and excited again - so we thrive off that and I really need more of the same from them.

“We know we’ve got a job to do and we are in a good place right now.”

Evatt is wary of over-confidence going into today’s game against a Colchester side that has not won in its last seven games.

With a Monday trip to rivals Newport to come, the Bolton boss knows only too well how results over the Easter weekend could make or break an automatic promotion chase.

“The rest of the season will be over in a flash,” he said. “And I have told the players that.

“We’ve got an excellent opportunity now, there’s no denying it, but we have got a lot of hard work to go.

“I am looking forwards and not back and that is what’s important. What is done is done now, we’re on an amazing run but, for me, that has gone and it is about the next game and the next opportunity and that’s Colchester.

“They are fighting for their lives, so it is going to be a challenging game.

“Everyone expects us to win and it’s those types of games that can become difficult so we just have to go out there and perform to the same levels as we have done of late and that will be enough to get us the result."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum