Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racism in todays game

+8
inf
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
Sluffy
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 08:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I'm as certain that Natasha was not suggesting being subject to racism is acceptable anywhere and was not trying to condone racism in any way, shape or form.

I don't need you to apologise for me sluffy. As soon as racism is mentioned people lose the ability to talk rationally about it.

From my point of view this was not about racism though, it was about the timing and manner of it being made public. There have been plenty of recent incidents of racism, most don't even get in the news if they don't involve high profile clubs. And I've never heard of a player revealing it 10 minutes after a match via Twitter.

I don't doubt Sordell & co were abused, but I'm suspicious by how high profile it has become in such a short space of time. What possible motive can a player have to reveal this on Twitter?

22Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:16

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

It's in a swedish newspaper now, as well.

Sordell says the Millwallfans called him slave, and that there were police near that didn't care.

23Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:34

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Disgraceful views.

Racism is ok... as long as you're in Millwall. Ridiculous and i hope you, or a mod, retract that statement.

You sound like you're seething.

I'm not saying racism is ok, I'm saying you have to expect it at certain grounds. Fair enough make an official complaint once the dust has settled, but should players be tweeting 10 minutes after being beaten by a poor team?

No, they should be more concerned with the shit they just served up. Too many precious shit players out there looking for excuses and posters.

24Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:44

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

inf wrote:It's in a swedish newspaper now, as well.

Sordell says the Millwallfans called him slave, and that there were police near that didn't care.
It's Millwall what do You expect tea and biscuits?

25Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 09:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We have a useless team ,manager and chairman and we are going down this season . I don't give a fuck about anything else , if you don't like what they are shouting then score a few fucking goals and shut them up.

26Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 10:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Disgraceful views.

Racism is ok... as long as you're in Millwall. Ridiculous and i hope you, or a mod, retract that statement.

You sound like you're seething.

I'm not saying racism is ok, I'm saying you have to expect it at certain grounds. Fair enough make an official complaint once the dust has settled, but should players be tweeting 10 minutes after being beaten by a poor team?

No, they should be more concerned with the shit they just served up. Too many precious shit players out there looking for excuses and posters.

Natasha knows perfectly well that she's mixing up two completely separate issues to add weight to her point about the shit performance. Sordell can hardly be blamed for a shit performance and the assertion that he was abused is not an attempt at an excuse for the the performance of those who did play. It's a natural reaction to dickhead behaviour.

I'm just saddened that in this day and age there are still people around - people who are a statistical certainty to be from overseas stock themselves somewhere down the line - who are so insecure that they feel it necessary to hurl abuse at people they don't even know for reasons they don't even understand. They wouldn't do it if they met Marvin 1 to 1 on the street and the footballing authorities should make damned sure they don't get away with using football as a licence to behave like cowardly twats.

27Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 10:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I'm just saddened that in this day and age there are still people around - people who are a statistical certainty to be from overseas stock themselves somewhere down the line - who are so insecure that they feel it necessary to hurl abuse at people they don't even know for reasons they don't even understand. They wouldn't do it if they met Marvin 1 to 1 on the street and the footballing authorities should make damned sure they don't get away with using football as a licence to behave like cowardly twats.

Of course what you say is true, but you have to accept that it still happens. Sordell whinging like a girl 10 minutes after the game does no one any favours. Except Owen Coyle.

28Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 10:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

' people who are a statistical certainty to be from overseas stock themselves somewhere down the line'

Wander, where did this little gem come from, and what do you mean ?... sounds quite racist to me

29Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some deeply sad and alarming views on this topic.

Similar to the reaction to the Suarez/Evra incident. Despite being the abuser many saw suarez as the victim. Disgusting

Now people are suggesting that Sordell is lying about alleged racial abuse to "cover up" a poor performance for which he seems to be getting the blame. Despite never playing.

This would mean a deep and deceitful conspiracy from the powers that be at the club. A totally ridiculous and frankly shameful allegation that without evidence is worrying to say the least.

30Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:37

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Eagles got more abuse than anyone yesterday. Nobody seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over that though.

31Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Eagles got more abuse than anyone yesterday. Nobody seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over that though.

I feel for Eagles, I myself have been accused of being a tranny on many occasions.

32Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

This would mean a deep and deceitful conspiracy from the powers that be at the club. A totally ridiculous and frankly shameful allegation that without evidence is worrying to say the least.

Naive.

33Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NH, with regards to Suarez/Evra I will always disagree with you.

Suarez is not and never will be classed as an abuser.

Suarez came out with a word that is fully acceptabel in most of mainland Europe, including The Netherlands, France, Germany, Belgium etc. As the word he came out with is as acceptable as using "love", "sugar", "babes". It is just that English cluture has accepted that it is wrong - and basically where did that come from - a group of people, predominantly white, to be fair, saying that its wrong and derogatory during teh early 1980's. Even in today's world of the UK using the word "black" is seen as negative and racist no matter as to how the word is used whether its via the word "blackboard" which is no longer allowed as it is supposedly derogatory to black people (true)!!!!!!

This phrase, on the next line within speach paranthesis was actually used by a friend of facebook to her friends whom are of black origin, plus the friend who put it on has a South American girlfriend who uses the term all the time. the phrase is, "for you nigga" But you have to remember that each country has its own culture. For instance one Dutch word for black was "negra" and they also use "zwart" but for expats they teach "zwart" whilst in schools they teach "negra"!!! They have a Christmas character called Zwart Pete who helps Sinterklaas and its usually a white actor using boot polish - again a trend that died in the 1980's in the UK as it was deemed to be very deragatory.

But isn't it funny how what Evra said to Suarez is very rarely mentioned but I would deem much worse than what Suarez said - especially as it contained a sexual context about Suarez and his mother!!! Then after the event, last season, when Liverpool met united once again, look who did offer hand to shake and who messed around. It was Evra who messed around by pretending to offer his hand and then withdrawing it and then trying to blame Suarez for noit shaking hands (if you don't believe me, look it up on Youtube and watch carefully - Evra orchestrated his part in not shaking hands and then, funnily enough, Ferdinand gets involved - just as much as he got involved with teh trouble between his brother and John Terry!!!!!

But, again, Suarez is a foreigner who got an 8 match ban for the use of that one word once!!!! John Terry got a 4 match ban for using a similar word more than once and yet Terry grew up as English in England and ought to know better. Who is more misguided???

There again, like I said in my previous post, if it is substantiated that something did occur then we should let the two clubs, the Football League, the Football Association, the Players Asssocoation and the police sort it out and if anything did happen then the perpetrator should, and hopefully, will be punished appropriately, but of course taking into account cultural differences just like we expect if any of us ever get into trouble whilst abroad! (luckily I never have).

34Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Naive.

maybe, but please present the evidence you have that this is a conspiracy.

obviously when i see it i will apologise profusely.

35Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

71, good argument, well put

36Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally, I don't like the N word because it is very offensive. What always puzzles me is when you see black people in America calling each other by this word. If we want to eradicate it completely then surely black Americans should stop using it as well.

37Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

That can't be as it will be seen as suppression by the majority. (its all bollocks)

38Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 14:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Personally, I don't like the N word because it is very offensive. What always puzzles me is when you see black people in America calling each other by this word. If we want to eradicate it completely then surely black Americans should stop using it as well.

RT, a bit of a trvia question for you.....

What is Black in Spanish?

39Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 14:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't it Negro ?

40Racism in todays game - Page 2 Empty Re: Racism in todays game Sun Oct 07 2012, 14:12

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Isn't it Negro ?

It is and thats the problem we have. Culturally speaking in the UK it is offensive, but its also correct word in another language for that colour, therefore one cannot really eradicate the N word.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum