Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday?

+19
rammywhite
terenceanne
Barryjw
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
xmiles
bwfc71
gloswhite
Mallorca Trotter
JonnyRandom
Alf Hooker
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
CEF
Natasha Whittam
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Will the club sack Coyle after the Millwall defeat?

Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% [ 12 ]
Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Vote_lcap69%Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 69% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 39

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's a tough one to call. OC has sold the vision of exciting attacking football and PG/the Board are bought into it and have committed heavily to it. We lead the way on chances created. But we also have the lowest chances converted to goals ratio and have sacrificed defemsive cover to create the chances in the first place.

What OC offers is tantalisingly close, but unless we start putting them away AND start getting clean sheets, without sacrificing the chances created soon, a decision will have to be made.

So the question is whether there is someone out there who can make it happen. The last thing PG would want is a manager who does a Megson and throws the baby out with the bathwater just to stop us conceding. Tricky call and one that I don't think they'll rush into unless they stumble across the perfect replacement beforehand.

22Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 11:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Wander, I would hope they have been condsidering this particular situation for some time, and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Isn't that what the board is there for? After all, its not all down to Gartside I wouldn't have thought. I think your right in what you say, but if we were to find a manager who could do all these things at once, we'd be looking at a successful premier League manager. I think we have to take a couple of small steps to begin with, and like it or not, all good attacks are rooted in a solid defense. If we don't concede, then we must be going forward (more or less). Unfortunately, finding a manager who is clued up on attack as well as defense, at this level, is a rarity inded. In all honesty, I cannot think where OC's particular skills now lie, so striding off in at least one direction would be a gain for the club and team, (as long as we don't offer a 10 year contract, or equally stupid carrot for the next incumbent)

23Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:35

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Should OC be sacked? Yes. Will he be sacked? No.

Phil Gartside is sadly absolutely clueless. Last season when we were absolutely terrible and were on a run of 20 defeats in 23 league games (either side of summer) Gartside was telling people to get real who were saying Coyle was crap. Gartside still has huge belief that in Owen Coyle we have a top young manager. Eddie Davies - I feel sorry for you - you have a muppet as a chairman and a clown as manager.

24Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The most damaging statistic on Coyle's CV is that since he became our manager we have only achieved fifteen wins in fifty five league matches. That is a serious shortfall of victories by any yardstick.

25Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:58

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Gartside will dance to the club owner's tune. He is simply the man on the ground for a non resident owner who will pull the strings.

26Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 21:55

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Signed on today and surprized to find that OC still has a job.

International break is a good time to do it.

27Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mick the prick apparently seen at the reebok today.

28Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Mick the prick apparently seen at the reebok today.

Source?

29Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just lots of people of twitter, not reliable in the slightest but he "was seen" at the hotel today by "people who work there" so....

I will honestly dispair at that appointment, along with Warnock he is easily my most hated manager.

30Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:23

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I would rather keep coyle than have mick mcarthy

31Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:I would rather keep coyle than have mick mcarthy

It's tight but i agree.

32Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would be ok with Mick McCarthy.

Honest guy, knows how to set up a team to defend, will get us up the table.

But it would be a very dull appointment.

33Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the same as Megson, after the initial fury i felt that we would consider someone so utterly uninspiring and renowned for dull football, i settled down and thought "ok, good defensive and he might keep us up"

He did, but as time wore on i wanted to see football

Mick is exactly the same, not interested in his "honesty" or his brand of football.

34Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Mick is exactly the same, not interested in his "honesty" or his brand of football.

You don't want honesty? You like being lied to?

No one was complaining when Allardyce had us up the PL table playing hoofball.

35Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't say anything of the sort.

And as for Sam his "hoofball" is vastly overstated, yes, we did play the percentages but in a team with Campo, Hierro, JayJay, Youri, Nolan in his pomp, defenders like Ngotty, Gudni. All proficient passers of the ball, full of class. It was never, ever the bog standard crap you'll see with Megson or Mick. Sam was also ahead of the curve with his formations and sports science, an innovator.

36Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Sun Oct 07 2012, 23:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't think i could cope with McCarthy being manager, i'll just pack in following Football altogether.. . No God please no, don't let it be true.

37Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Mon Oct 08 2012, 07:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JR- you're correct. I'd rather suffer more ignominy and despair under Coyle than let Keane or Mc Carthy near the job.

Success is important - but not at any cost.

I think Gartside will tell Coyle that he's got about 3 or 4 more games to get us in the top half of the table by the end of October and then challenging for a top six place by the end of December.

I hope that I'm wrong- but sacking Coyle and all of his Burnley mates will cost a small fortune. Lets face it- we're a poor Championship side at the minute and although we think we're a big outfit,the rest of the footballing world doesn't see it like that- we're a failing championship club- so no big name is going to come near us.

I bet we're stuck with Coyle for some time to come

38Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Mon Oct 08 2012, 09:09

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

id be fine with Mick

39Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Mon Oct 08 2012, 09:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

"Success is important - but not at any cost."

WRONG... its the most important thing EVER!

give me Europe playing hoof ball than league one playing 'pretty' football...

40Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Coyle Get The Push On Monday? Mon Oct 08 2012, 09:29

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hes staying..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum