Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Exeter

+7
gloswhite
Whitesince63
Cajunboy
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 08:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy times are around the corner again, win this and we are promoted!

I reckon we will do the business and win 2-0 for a change. Sarcevic has to start this game which means leaving Thomason on the bench but i have no doubt he will be a big player for us in the next few years.

Its just nice to be talking about promotion after what we've all been through in the last few years, i'm hoping this is just the start of us climbing back up the leagues like under Rioch.

COYWM!

2Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 08:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope you haven't just jinxed it Norpig. Very Happy

3Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll batter them for 90 minutes with our sideways passing, miss at least two open goals, and then lose to a last minute goal when Exeter have their only shot on target.

4Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig you bellend, why have you started two match threads for Exeter?

:facepalm:

5Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Norpig you bellend, why have you started two match threads for Exeter?

:facepalm:
You've answered your own question there Nat, i am a bellend  Very Happy

To be fair i thought the first one hadn't gone through so i re-did it

6Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You've answered your own question there Nat, i am a bellend  Very Happy

To be fair i thought the first one hadn't gone through so i re-did it

Thank fook you're not in charge of competitions....oh!

7Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig, you stuck the first one in Wandering Minds so that will explain it! Very Happy

8Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Norpig, you stuck the first one in Wandering Minds so that will explain it! Very Happy

Classic bellend behaviour  Very Happy

9Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Thank fook you're not in charge of competitions....oh!
Its yours next season if you want it back Nat, just say the word.

10Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I hope you haven't just jinxed it Norpig. Very Happy
Me too.
If they beat Grimsby in their game in hand tonight they'll be in the playoffs on GD depending on Salford's result - an impressive +19 so far (3rd highest in the division) - and regardless will be throwing the kitchen sink at us.
They had a storming spell in the middle of the season but a string of draws has seen them slip recently, but now it's the business end of the season and they'll be totally up for it and battling for the playoffs.
Matt Jay is a fantastic striker and Ryan Bowman scores plenty too so they have a lethal strike force, but playing 3412 as they do means we should get some space round the sides - so this game could well come down to who dominates the midfield and takes their chances and that's a worry for us.
My other concern is that the lads are so chuffed with nicking the win at Morecambe they'll not be fired up enough to complete the job whereas it's do or die for Exeter and it's only just over two weeks since they battered Cambridge 4 - 1 in Cambridge so they undoubtedly have a team that could turn us over too.

Really hoping we can sneak it but I have an uncomfortable feeling that we might well be going into the final day needing a win away at Crawley - who we have never beaten in our entire history.

11Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 12:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come on Lusty lets think positively! Exeter have drawn their last 3 games and lost the one before that so they aren't in great form. I reckon Grimsby will turn them over as they are still battling at the bottom.

As for Crawley how many times have we actually played them ever? Once or twice?  Very Happy

12Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 12:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:As for Crawley how many times have we actually played them ever? Once or twice?  Very Happy

Correct Very Happy

28 Aug 2012 Crawley Town v Bolton Wanderers W 2-1 League Cup
02 Jan 2021 Bolton Wanderers v Crawley Town W 0-1 League Two

13Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Tue Apr 27 2021, 14:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Come on Lusty lets think positively! Exeter have drawn their last 3 games and lost the one before that so they aren't in great form. I reckon Grimsby will turn them over as they are still battling at the bottom.

As for Crawley how many times have we actually played them ever? Once or twice?  Very Happy

Perhaps I should have rephrased it....

"....against Crawley who have beaten us every time we've played them"  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As for Exeter, they are a seriously good team in this league but they blow hot and cold - but tend to do better against the top teams for some reason. They beat Tranmere 5 - 0 FFS.

Anyhoo we need to win on Saturday, good, bad or ugly.

14Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Wed Apr 28 2021, 10:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the Exeter fans forum:

"Anything less than a win then surely those saloon doors will swing open on our season Saturday.

Bowman and Fisher up top together, Hartridge on long throws let’s just get the ball up around the ears of the Bolton backline and go for it, no more tame short corners and quickly taken free kicks just get the ball into the box and try and make something happen...we are not going to beat a team like them by trying to play pretty football on a day when they’ll be hoping to clinch promotion themselves."

I think they're shitting themselves.

15Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Wed Apr 28 2021, 10:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Bowman and Fisher up top together, Hartridge on long throws let’s just get the ball up around the ears of the Bolton backline and go for it, no more tame short corners and quickly taken free kicks just get the ball into the box and try and make something happen...we are not going to beat a team like them by trying to play pretty football on a day when they’ll be hoping to clinch promotion themselves."

I think they're shitting themselves.
Sounds like every other teams tactics in league 2 and we've coped with it very well (apart from Grimsby). Santos and Baps are the best CB pairing in the division and will head balls away all day if needed.

16Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Wed Apr 28 2021, 11:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's more a measure of their desperation to win. Just hope we match them for passion.

17Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Wed Apr 28 2021, 15:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's going to be a gut clenching afternoon.

18Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Wed Apr 28 2021, 21:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With both teams needing to win, it should be a good open game with plenty of chances for both. Unless we start taking some of those chances though, which we haven’t been able to do so far, we could be undone but with Sarce back and Lee alongside MJ again, we should have a much firmer defence. Doyle must want to hit the 20 mark, so we should expect him to deliver but then I thought that against Morecambe and he was awful. Dapo is surely due a goal and I wouldn’t bet against Sarce to hit the winning goal but either way, I expect it to be another nerve tingles with both teams trying to the end. I think we’ll do it so I’ll go for 2-1 to Wanderers.

19Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Thu Apr 29 2021, 12:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I wouldn't be surprised to see us start very slowly, (although I hope I'm wrong), as that seems to be the way nowadays. They've probably tried to approach the game in cool, calm, and calculated manner, which isn't a bad thing, but there again Exeter may well open the game by going for it, and we don't always seem to be able to change too quickly.

20Bolton 1-2 Exeter Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Exeter Thu Apr 29 2021, 12:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Sounds like every other teams tactics in league 2 and we've coped with it very well (apart from Grimsby). Santos and Baps are the best CB pairing in the division and will head balls away all day if needed.
Yup but that's a fan's suggestion rather than necessarily being what they'll try.
Exeter are usually a footballing team who try to keep possession like us so midfield dominance will be crucial. As Whitesince alludes, it could come down to us taking our chances for a change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum