Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton ask fans NOT to travel to stadium for Exeter promotion decider

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have politely requested that supporters do not travel to the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday for the final home game of the season.

With Covid restrictions still in place and supporters unable to watch the game inside the stadium, concerns have been raised over the potential for crowds congregating outside.

Ian Evatt’s team could clinch promotion back to League One on the day and the possibility of fans celebrating on club grounds has been much-discussed this week.

It is understood there are also plans in place to close the Bolton Whites Hotel on matchday to reduce the risks.

A statement released this morning said: “The club truly appreciates the support we have had from all our supporters this season, especially as you have not been able to watch games in person due to the restrictions associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic.

“The club is engaging with both the local authority and Public Health England on the measures required to see the safe reintroduction of spectators when Government restrictions can be lifted.

“In the meantime, with public gatherings of more than six outdoors still not permitted, and with there still being a clear risk to public health, we are politely requesting that fans do not travel to the University of Bolton Stadium on Saturday.

“We all still have a big part to play in keeping down transmission rates and your safety and that of our colleagues and community is our primary concern.

“We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the stadium once it is safe to do so and in the meantime we thank you for your loyal support, understanding and co-operation.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fans travelled to Morecambe the other day so can't see that no one will turn up at the stadium on Saturday.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I just hope Boncey heeds this warning and stays at home.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if it will end up like this last year in Leeds?

Bolton ask fans NOT to travel to stadium for Exeter promotion decider QVNIMTE2MzMyMDU1

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think quite a few will turn up tomorrow, its just how its managed. Hopefully people are sensible and the Police aren't too heavy handed (big ask i know).

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First banner is already up...

bwfc-banner

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard off the grapevine that a shit load of people will be turning up before kick off.

I may join them with my mask and a 4 pack of special brew! Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i'm be staying at home on my couch thanks very much! I may celebrate with a beer or three if we are promoted tomorrow  Bolton ask fans NOT to travel to stadium for Exeter promotion decider 1f37b

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match programme just arrived. It's set my nerves off again. Bolton ask fans NOT to travel to stadium for Exeter promotion decider 1f631

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It may be worth stocking up on incontinence pads Boncey incase of a bout of IBS attacks tomorrow.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It may be worth stocking up on incontinence pads Boncey incase of a bout of IBS attacks tomorrow.
Sod that, I've bought a commode! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum