Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rosie 47

+3
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rosie 47 Empty Rosie 47 Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Harry Redknapp 'avoided tax on bungs'

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp received $295,000 which he had no intention of declaring for tax purposes, a court has heard.

Mr Redknapp was paid the "bungs or offshore bonuses" by former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric while he was manager at the club, it was claimed.

Jurors were told secret payments were made to Mr Redknapp's Monaco bank account in the name of his dog.

Mr Mandaric and Mr Redknapp deny charges of cheating the public revenue.

John Black QC opened the prosecution's case at Southwark Crown Court by telling jurors "both parties must have known" they were avoiding taxes.

Peter Crouch

"These payments were a bung or offshore bonus that the parties had absolutely no intention of paying taxes for," he said.

Jurors were told when Mr Redknapp was director of football at Portsmouth his contract entitled him to 10% of net profit from transfers.

When he moved to the manager's job in March 2002, his profits from transfers reduced to 5%, the prosecution said.

When striker Peter Crouch, who was bought for £1.25m, was sold for £4.5m, Mr Redknapp's share was £115,473 - but that would have been double had his contract not changed.

The prosecution allege Mr Redknapp instead received a secret payment from Mr Mandaric into an account in Monaco in the name of "Rosie 47" - a combination of his pet dog's name and his year of birth - the prosecution said.

It was heard that in 2002 Mr Mandaric paid $145,000 into this account and on 13 January 2003, following a fax request from Mr Redknapp, $100,000 moved from "Rosie 47" to a company in Miami called First Star International.

The prosecution claim this firm was a personal account for Mr Mandaric and on 21 April 2004 Mr Mandaric wrote a cheque from it to Mr Redknapp for $150,000.

Early in 2008 Mr Redknapp wrote to the Monaco bank and requested the remaining $207,000 to be transferred to his London HSBC account, the court heard.

The jury was told that Mr Redknapp never mentioned the Monaco account as he was investigated by HM Revenue and Customs officials over his transfer dealings at West Ham United.

The probe, between January 2004 and October 2006, "was originally prompted by concerns over a £300,000 payment... regarding profit made in a player transfer, namely Rio Ferdinand," Mr Black said.

The Monaco bank account eventually came to light during an inquiry into illicit payments in football, led by Lord Stevens, the former Metropolitan Police Commissioner, jurors heard.

Heart surgery

Both men deny two counts of cheating the public revenue.

The first of the two charges alleges that, between 1 April 2002 and 28 November 2007, Mr Mandaric paid $145,000 (£93,100) into a bank account held by Mr Redknapp in Monaco, to avoid paying income tax and National Insurance.

The second charge for the same offence relates to a sum of $150,000 (£96,300) allegedly paid by Mr Mandaric to the same account between 1 May 2004 and 28 November 2007.

Mr Redknapp, 64, of Poole, Dorset, who underwent minor heart surgery last year to unblock his arteries, is the most successful English manager in the modern game, having led Portsmouth to FA Cup success and Spurs to last season's Uefa Champions League quarter-finals.

Serbian-born Mr Mandaric, 73, of Oadby, Leicestershire, is now chairman of Sheffield Wednesday, having previously worked at Leicester City.

The trial continues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16677743

2Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's hard to believe that Redknapp would put his reputaion and integrity on the line for a measly £93 grand. He must have earned millions as a top Prem manager so why risk everything ?

Pure greed, I guess.

3Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd be surprised if this went as far as him going to prison to be honest.

That Mandaric has always come accross as a strange guy, pops up as chairman at one club then the next month he vanishes into thin air.

Both Arry and Milan must have been up to their eyeballs in so much shit at Pompey for it to get this far.

4Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The shifty Serb is currently in control of the purse strings at Sheffield Wednesday. I can see him sacking Meggo again if he doesn't get the Owls promoted.

5Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

He must see something in Megson that nobody else does to take him back after walking out on him at Leicester.

Maybe he is planning to get his own back by sacking him if they get promoted.

6Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that would be funny!

7Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 pm

Megson's done a decent job at Wednesday, but of course that means very little in football these days.

8Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'll bet Rosie is a Bulldog. They say owners and pets tend to look alike after a while.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:It's hard to believe that Redknapp would put his reputaion and integrity on the line for a measly £93 grand. He must have earned millions as a top Prem manager so why risk everything ?

Pure greed, I guess.

I would think many other things have 'happened' before but the Director of Public Prosecutions office can 'prove' it - they must be very confident about this case though!

He still is greedy though - he must be a millionaire many times over - why bother taking a risk for even more money that he probably will never be able to spend anyway and just sit in a Swiss bank account or something?

10Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's just been on tonights news that Harry Redknapps accountant didn't even know that his client had an offshore account.

Pull the other one! It was probably his accountant who advised him how to hide the payment. After all, isn't that what accountants are paid for ?

11Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 am

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I love this video clip of Harry Redknapp going off the boil over being described as a wheeler dealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

12Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The truth hurts!

13Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It was funny though!

Hello and welcome Il Padrino.

Hope you aren't here to make us an offer we can't refuse!

14Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just waiting for Luca Brasi to sign up.

15Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Rosie 47 Spursteamsheet1

16Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The latest offering from the fraud trial is that according to his barrister Redknapp is almost illiterate.

He told the Old Bill, ' I can't read and write properly. I have never written a letter in my entire life. I don't know how to send a fax and I don't know how to send an e-mail. I am the most disorganised person in the world. I have never even filled in a team sheet. '

If that's true then who filled in all his CV's for job applications ?

17Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Reebok Trotter wrote:The latest offering from the fraud trial is that according to his barrister Redknapp is almost illiterate.

He told the Old Bill, ' I can't read and write properly. I have never written a letter in my entire life. I don't know how to send a fax and I don't know how to send an e-mail. I am the most disorganised person in the world. I have never even filled in a team sheet. '

If that's true then who filled in all his CV's for job applications ?

His bitch of course.

18Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

England jobs gone then.

19Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just like with Allardyce - it was never there in the first place.

The FA will know who is clean and who is tainted no doubt.

20Rosie 47 Empty Re: Rosie 47 Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Funny thread from a Portsmouth site.

Check out first photo.

Rosie 47 Arry

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115471597

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next