Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Playing for a laugh' - Afolayan will enjoy life with Wanderers in League One

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life in League One is going to be a walk in the park for Dapo Afolayan.

Wanderers’ new signing is confident both he and the club can take the momentum they generated last season into the new campaign.

Afolayan signed a three-year deal with the Whites last week and is already looking forward to locking horns with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland and Ipswich in the division above.

“I’m always confident in myself – I know whatever level I am playing at I’ll go out there and do well. For me, football is quite an easy game,” he said.

“No matter whether I am playing with my friends in the park or for Bolton Wanderers or West Ham, it’s a simple game. When you over complicate it, it gets harder. I just try and enjoy myself, take it like I am playing for a laugh, and next season will be no different.

“As a team we are going to push on and play with freedom and not be afraid of anyone. There will be teams who are scared to come and play us at our stadium because it’s quite daunting.”

Afolayan is Wanderers’ first permanent signing of the summer but the winger is looking forward to seeing Ian Evatt add more quality in the coming weeks to ensure the club continues to progress.

A good spirit within the dressing room proved an important factor in last season’s success, and the 23-year-old is eager to see how new signings are integrated into the group.

“I have been in places where the dressing room is not the best and it has an impact on the pitch, so this is a really good group of lads at the club.,” he said.

“We have lost a few but I am sure the manager and his staff will bring in more of the right characters now to help us get to the next step.

“It is good enough getting promotion this season but if we don’t keep building on that and improving, it isn’t really worth much.

“That is what we need to do as a group, come back stronger in the off-season and go again.”

The influence of manager, Evatt, was also a big factor in Afolayan turning down offers from other clubs to sign on the dotted line for Bolton when his West Ham exit was confirmed.

“He’s massive,” Afolayan said. “He’s really good at demanding the right things from us and making sure we’re working hard as a front four but also giving us the freedom to express ourselves in the final third and enjoy playing good football.

“I have seen loads of things flying around stats-wise about us as a team and we’re one of the best footballing teams in the country. We’re playing really good stuff with really good players, so it’s an easy team to play in because I have got so many good players and characters around me.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum