Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there any way back for next season for Ali Crawford etc?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ali Crawford, Brandon Comley, Reiss Greenidge, Matt Alexander - and for that matter Dennis Politic, Liam Edwards, Adam Senior and Ronan Darcy are probably the most fringe of our fringe players for next season but can you see any of them getting regular football given that Evatt is intent on making several new signings?

As always, I'd like to think that the young 'uns will come good but they aren't exactly young 'uns any more are they?

Dennis may have a chance and Ali has shown he's competent at L1 level but I'm struggling to see how any of them will make it. Of course we don't know who if any of them will come good.

Any of them? Anyone?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's Liam Gordon too.

As it stands we have no reserve keeper and short of centre backs so unless that changes Alexander and Greenidge may well make the bench.

Politic if he gets back to how he was might even push for a starting position.

I imagine Crawford will be moved out - possibly a season loan somewhere.

Maybe the same for Gordon and the others you named.

I can't see them all being here plus the number of others who we are led to believe we will be adding to the squad also.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm just wondering if Dennis will get back into the team after his injury. He was a fringe player under Evatt so maybe he has a chance?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crawford and Comely need to be moved on, they aren't good enough. Comley was useless last season and Crawford couldn't get a start with us or Tranmere

Not seen enough of Greenidge to form an opinion but we need to keep the young lads especially Politic and Edwards.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Other than Politic and possibly Ronan, I can’t see any of the others securing regular first team places, or even bench positions. With the number of midfielders we now have, I would expect the likes of Ali and Comley to be loaned out if possible whilst I think Greenidge might get a chance and if Gordon has made the progress he seems to have whilst on loan, he may also get a chance if he shows that promise in training. Out of them all, I thought he was the unluckiest being asked to do a big job as wing back, for someone so young and inexperienced. He can still improve so may get another chance to impress. If as IE hopes, we can get match time this season for second stringers, it will give them all a chance to impress that they just didn’t get last year.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:I'm just wondering if Dennis will get back into the team after his injury. He was a fringe player under Evatt so maybe he has a chance?
Not sure you can say he was a fringe player, he was our most established rising star, and was injured playing for Evatt in a pre season game. If fully recovered then he has the ability and played at this level, much bigger question mark over Darcy who just couldn't break in to the managers plans throughout a full season. Depends which Crawford turns up, the one that impressed us, or the one we shipped out.  Make or break for Edwards he's no kid any more same for Harry as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum