Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince Andrew

+8
Norpig
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 13 2022, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see him going to America to be cross examined, he will be hoping to brush it under the carpet with a big pay off.

22Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 13 2022, 17:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Prince Andrew loses military titles and patronages

Prince Andrew loses military titles and patronages, and will no longer be called HRH

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59987935

This is a good listen if anyone is interested in the case - worth hearing just for the American professors views alone!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bgywcr

23Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 13 2022, 17:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Prince Andrew loses military titles and patronages

Prince Andrew loses military titles and patronages, and will no longer be called HRH

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59987935

This is a good listen if anyone is interested in the case - worth hearing just for the American professors views alone!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bgywcr
OK we all reckon he's as guilty as sin, but it's interesting that he's been slapped before he's been to court and been found guilty.

24Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 27 2022, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently Andrew is insisting on a jury trial if his attempts to get the case thrown out fail.
If his television interviews are anything to go by that would be tantamount to suicide, but the arrogant twat seems to think he can charm his way out of it. Really?

25Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 27 2022, 11:02

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Apparently Andrew is insisting on a jury trial if his attempts to get the case thrown out fail.
If his television interviews are anything to go by that would be tantamount to suicide, but the arrogant twat seems to think he can charm his way out of it. Really?

Have to agree Lusty, the thick get just can’t seem to understand that it’s only likely to make things worse. If he thinks Emily Maitless was bad, wait until he gets in front of lawyers in the US. I can’t imagine his own legal team have agreed on this but who knows? Of course, until he’s proved guilty he has to be presumed innocent!! 🥴

26Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 27 2022, 11:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Have to agree Lusty, the thick get just can’t seem to understand that it’s only likely to make things worse. If he thinks Emily Maitless was bad, wait until he gets in front of lawyers in the US. I can’t imagine his own legal team have agreed on this but who knows? Of course, until he’s proved guilty he has to be presumed innocent!! 🥴
Put it this way - if he actually is innocent he might still manage to get himself convicted if he insists on a jury trial.

27Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Jan 27 2022, 15:20

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is all window dressing.

He's recently sold his Swiss Chalet for £18 million, ready for the pay off.

28Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Fri Jan 28 2022, 01:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:This is all window dressing.

He's recently sold his Swiss Chalet for £18 million, ready for the pay off.

I agree. He's giving it the "I'm completely innocent and I'll prove it" bluster now and as time passes and we get nearer the court case it'll turn to " I'm completely innocent but I can't allow this to ruin mum's jubilee celebrations so I have decided to settle this matter out of court to save her any embarrassment".

29Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Fri Jan 28 2022, 11:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought that the Swiss Chalet was mortgaged up to the hilt?

30Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Fri Jan 28 2022, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“I can confirm that the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews has received notification that the Duke of York will relinquish his honorary membership,” the club said in a statement. “We respect and appreciate his decision.”

I bet they appreciate it - saves them the ugliness of having to kick him out.

31Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 16:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s paid her off…

Prince Andrew reaches 'settlement in principle' with Virginia Giuffre

https://mol.im/a/10515637

32Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 16:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Prince Andrew - Page 2 FLpmMPWWUAYHWdy?format=jpg&name=small

33Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's paid her off? And forfeited his chance to appear in court to clear his name?
I am truly shocked.

34Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:24

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shock horror

35Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No sweat though.

36Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder who she will go after next?

37Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Tue Feb 15 2022, 17:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No sweat though.
Very Happy

38Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Feb 17 2022, 12:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This seems very strange to me.

Apparently, as part of the settlement, he has agreed to never again deny that he raped her.

Surely the whole basis of the agreement was that he denied it so they "agreed to disagree"?

I can understand a settlement wherein the accuser agrees to drop their accusation in return for cash, but the idea of the accused agreeing to not deny they did it is a new one on me.

So what happens if he's ever asked the question?

And in agreeing to this, is that tantamount to an admission?

And what were the restrictions on her? Can she still claim she was raped?

Article also raises the issue of whether or not the British taxpayer will end up paying the settlement. The Queen gets £83 million a year to conduct state affairs and maintain the royal estate - but surely giving Andrew money for this would be in contravention of the terms of the deal between the government and the royal family?

39Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Feb 17 2022, 13:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:This seems very strange to me.

Apparently, as part of the settlement, he has agreed to never again deny that he raped her.

Surely the whole basis of the agreement was that he denied it so they "agreed to disagree"?

I can understand a settlement wherein the accuser agrees to drop their accusation in return for cash, but the idea of the accused agreeing to not deny they did it is a new one on me.

So what happens if he's ever asked the question?

And in agreeing to this, is that tantamount to an admission?

And what were the restrictions on her? Can she still claim she was raped?

Article also raises the issue of whether or not the British taxpayer will end up paying the settlement. The Queen gets £83 million a year to conduct state affairs and maintain the royal estate - but surely giving Andrew money for this would be in contravention of the terms of the deal between the government and the royal family?

Eh???

The article doesn't say anything at all like that???

Have you actually read it?

What it actually says is that there appears to be a gagging order in force until the end of the Platinum jubilee that prevents the woman saying he raped her and the bloke saying he's never met her.

The order would seem to apply to the other way around too - hence he can't deny he raped her and she can't claim she met him.

Seems they can say whatever they want after the jubilee.

Also it seems that the settlement was he pays her £10m and his mum donates £2m from her private wealth to the woman's charity in her sons name.

No public monies involved.

40Prince Andrew - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Andrew Thu Feb 17 2022, 16:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Eh???

The article doesn't say anything at all like that???

Have you actually read it?
Yes. Have you?

Pretty sure the headline says
Prince Andrew ‘agrees to never repeat denial he raped Virginia Giuffre’
Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum