Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accrington boss John Coleman slams Bolton fans' reaction to players

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Accrington boss John Coleman slams Bolton fans' reaction to players 13289928

Accrington Stanley boss John Coleman says he was taken aback by “unwarranted” negativity from Wanderers fans towards their own side on Saturday.

Speaking after his side’s 1-0 win at the Wham Stadium, the Stanley boss said he had been shocked by the half-time reaction from sections of the 2,600 travelling support as the players and coaching staff walked back into the dressing room.

Tommy Leigh had put the home side ahead on 20 minutes and Wanderers had wasted a handful of decent opportunities, raising the levels of frustration in the crowd.

“One of the things that really surprised me today was the reaction of the Bolton fans at half time,” he told Stanley’s official website.

“Bolton had pinned us back, made a couple of chances, so to see them shouting at the manager and their players as they came off. They got a promotion last year and have had some unbelievable results this season, and I think it’s totally unwarranted.

“It surprised me because they are a smashing bunch of fans. The noise they made was exhilarating and they should use that energy to galvanise the team because they were feeding off it in the first half.

“The manager doesn’t deserve that at half time coming off, particularly how well they have done getting promoted last year.

“People should have a reality check sometimes.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm guessing John Coleman got in for free?

DecoBWFC

David Ngog
David Ngog

He's got a point though, if we get promotion to championship we gna boo when losing at half time??? Safety is what we need this year, anything other than that is a bonus.
Am I right in saying we got battered by Stanley 6 or 7 nil last in there place so we've come a long way

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course we're going to boo when we're losing to the small local rivals.

We have been for years and always will do.

The day we accept defeats by Accrington & Fleetwood is the day we should all pack it in.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Of course we're going to boo when we're losing to the small local rivals.

We have been for years and always will do.

The day we accept defeats by Accrington & Fleetwood is the day we should all pack it in.
"Small local rivals" once upon a time for sure, but not nowadays.

Reminds me of my mum putting down a gobby Yank by insisting on referring to the USA as "the Colonies".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum