Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Robinson plays down reports linking Hartigan to Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Robinson plays down reports linking Hartigan to Wanderers 13305517

Wimbledon boss Mark Robinson has played down reports linking midfielder Anthony Hartigan with a move to Wanderers.

Hartigan is out of contract at the end of the season and could therefore be available for a reduced fee.

The Whites would benefit from another midfield option, having already lost Antoni Sarcevic and Brandon Comley this season and with Josh Sheehan out for the reminder of the campaign after suffering a ruptured ACL.

Hartigan came through the Dons’ youth ranks and made his first-team debut back in 2017 in an EFL Trophy match against Brentford.

The 21-year-old has since gone on to make over 136 appearances for the South London club, becoming an important member of Robinson’s first-team squad.

He also spent time on loan at Newport County in the second half of last season, making 14 appearances for the Welsh side.

Robinson has denied reports that Hartigan has turned down a new deal and insists he would be better suited staying at Plough Lane.

“That’s news to me that he had turned anything down,” he told the South London Press. “As far as I know, there are positive chats ongoing.

“I’d like to think Anthony knows the development he went through as a youth team player, which got him into the first team, and he knows that perhaps after his form dropping away, there are reasons why he is playing the way he is now.

“I’m sure Anthony realises that, and he knows that this is a fantastic place for him to be playing his football.

“In my role as head coach, I don’t really get involved – I leave it to the panel. But all I state is how important I believe certain players are for us to continue to progress as a football club.”

The Dons sit 17th in the League One table – just one point behind Wanderers, having played two games fewer.

The points were shared when the sides met earlier in the season following a thrilling 3-3 draw at Plough Lane.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum