Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 6-0 Sunderland

+12
Keegan
observer
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
Sluffy
Safcinpeace
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 17:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ian bringing on triple strikers and a creative attacking midfielder still to come in before Monday. We need a bigger bench Smile
Obviously well dun today to all and a tip of the hat for Sharon for coughing up some cash.

42Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 17:49

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Anyone else notice that the first goal was longball from the keeper?
Yup - the Sunderland commentators on the foreign iFollow stream I was watching. They made a big deal about it - continuing to denigrate BWFC and saying it was just a punt/we were lucky etc - and when they were in shock when we scored the second they commented that in both cases S'land had the numbers back but defended poorly - which was true.
By goal 4 they were asking fans not to use bad language on the post match phone in.
By goal 5 - the cracking header that any striker would be proud of - they were well down the "unacceptable" road and commented that the casual observer who didn't know the relative league positions would assume BWFC is top of the league and S'land were struggling in the bottom half.
Goal 6 - they were almost writing off S'land's promotion chances and scanning the results around them.

Very enjoyable listen Smile
I often choose  the away commentary. It's such fun.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

43Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 17:59

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wow just wow Superb today

44Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Anyone else notice that the first goal was longball from the keeper?
Yup - the Sunderland commentators on the foreign iFollow stream I was watching. They made a big deal about it - continuing to denigrate BWFC and saying it was just a punt/we were lucky etc - and when they were in shock when we scored the second they commented that in both cases S'land had the numbers back but defended poorly - which was true.
By goal 4 they were asking fans not to use bad language on the post match phone in.
By goal 5 - the cracking header that any striker would be proud of - they were well down the "unacceptable" road and commented that the casual observer who didn't know the relative league positions would assume BWFC is top of the league and S'land were struggling in the bottom half.
Goal 6 - they were almost writing off S'land's promotion chances and scanning the results around them.

Very enjoyable listen Smile

I think you missed my point...

Which was we don't have to play tippy tappy keep ball from the back all the time and clearly there was a reason for having that option now which seems to be now having Charles up front.

As I'd previously said on another thread...

Also impressed with having a forward in Charles that has a bit of speed in him - makes a big difference - the second goal being a break at speed with just three players.

We did play some very attractive tippy tappy as well today but we now have that option to go over the top if we needed to mix it up a bit.

It adds that extra dimension to our game that we've not seen before under Evatt.

Good for him to not be as stuck on his system as he appeared at times to be and developing other ways to evolve the team.

I'm not particularly interested as to what some Sunderland commentator fan was saying on the ifollow.

45Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Ian bringing on triple strikers and a creative attacking midfielder still to come in before Monday. We need a bigger bench Smile
Obviously well dun today to all and a tip of the hat for Sharon for coughing up some cash.
Fossey, Morley and Charles were all excellent today and they have made a huge difference to our recent performances. Early doors yet but I've not seen anything from Bodvarsson in either game and Sadlier is still wiping his feet so we'll see how they go.
Seems like we have a much improved squad and it will mean that the likes of Delf will have to move on.
Fossey is excellent and I think we'll struggle to replace him unless we can do a deal in the summer.

46Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Safcinpeace wrote:Just thought I would pop in to see how you are feeling about this game and how your season has gone so far.

From our end we are starting to get players back, couple of weeks ago we had 9 of the first team squad out injured or down with Covid, we took choice to keep playing games to avoid getting into a position of playing two games a week and this resulted in a dip game n form. Having said that it is currently 1 defeat in 14, so it’s not that bad.

We have brought 4 new faces in so far Hume a young lad from Ireland, one for the future I think, Batth who looked very good on his first game last week, a big strong experienced centre back, which we needed, Roberts from Man City, who appears to be very talented player who cost £12m only three years ago but appears to have fallen away, so a rescue job, a bit like Pritchard was, then there is Jake Clarke from Spurs who I don’t know a lot about.

There are lots of rumours about Defoe returning as well.

We are at that stage of the season when every game is must win, so we will not be siting back for a draw. We have played some very nice counter attacking football getting defence to shots on target very quickly.

However we tend to be vulnerable when we have a corner, we have shipped a good few goals from break aways from our own corners.
I'm sure you weren't expecting that mate - and neither did we.
Thought your lot had a poor game today and let your travelling fans down.
We allowed you possession in midfield but only 2 shots on target in 90 minutes - one from distance - shows a lack of penetration which is not like the Sunderland I've seen this season and Stewart was in Santos' pocket all day.
Defensively you had the numbers back there - even for the long goalie punt opener (when Trafford finally managed to keep his kick on the pitch) - but there seemed to be an indecisiveness at the back throughout the game - again not like the Sunderland I've seen.
I'm sure Johnson will get into them and sort it out.
One bright aspect was Roberts when he came on - good feet, passing and drive so I reckon things will improve when he settles in.

A shock to everyone involved today but I wish you better days ahead mate.

47Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Over to you....Nat Smile
Nat must atone with another brilliant Behind Enemy Lines column.

I bet she's gone tossing off at the score. Very Happy

48Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Yup - the Sunderland commentators on the foreign iFollow stream I was watching.

Is this the dodgy facebook thing you watch?

49Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 18:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Is this the dodgy facebook thing you watch?
Couldn't possibly comment Smile

50Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 19:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Awesome stuff, and 5 of the 6 goals were terrific. Well done, everyone involved on and off the pitch.....

51Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sat Jan 29 2022, 21:55

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

okocha wrote:Awesome stuff, and 5 of the 6 goals were terrific. Well done, everyone involved on and off the pitch.....
i thought the diving header from sunderland was spectacular

52Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 12:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dutchwhites63 wrote:
i thought the diving header from sunderland was spectacular
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had already gone into meltdown by the time that happened so even they were applauding it Smile

53Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 12:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't looking forward to these game for reasons already mentioned, but i'm so glad i was there! What a performance! Everyone played well and we just ran riot especially in the second half. I thought Fossey was outstanding and would love to see him signed up permanently. All the new lads played well and Charles and Dapo could be a great combination up front.

Pleasing to see the bench looking so strong as well now, lets hope Evatt has pulled off another January miracle.

I hope my mate Shaun was looking down and smiling, his wife and kids came to the game which made it even more special.

Come on Nat we need a BEL for this one!

54Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 13:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just to give some context to Sunderland's expectations going into this game, here's a screenshot from another forum:

I'm guessing "the one" is Nat's Sunderland alterego Smile[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

55Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 14:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

QUEST

Bolton lucky to get the wind assisted goal.
Declan John mishit it.
Sunderland scored an OG.
And Bolton only had 7 shots on target, so it was a case of one of those lucky days where everything goes in.

However, they failed to acknowledge that we had plenty of other chance that resulted in shots shots wide, or attempts blocked. Honestly, we could have had a couple more.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

56Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 14:17

Momentum building, maybe play offs isn’t written off yet?? Get Dapo tied down on an extended contract immediately - whenever he does go we need to make sure there’s a big fee involved.

57Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:QUEST

Bolton lucky to get the wind assisted goal.
Declan John mishit it.
Sunderland scored an OG.
And Bolton only had 7 shots on target, so it was a case of one of those lucky days where everything goes in.

However, they failed to acknowledge that we had plenty of other chance that resulted in shots shots wide, or attempts blocked. Honestly, we could have had a couple more.
To be honest, that was a huge improvement on what's gone before. When we beat Ipswich all we got was Ian Holloway slagging us off about Evatt's motivational comments on being the best team in the league - absolutely nothing about how we'd played, the injury/Covid probs that had given us a string of bad results, the change in the system, the new signings.....nada.
In general we've been one of the last games shown and no comment on the expansive style Evatt is trying to play.
Even Sunderland fans were saying we dominated them and could have scored 10!
The sad thing for me is that Colin Murray used to have a soft spot for us but nowadays he just sits back whilst guest after guest pan us with their bullshit week after week. TBF he is still generally supportive - just not ready to leap to our defence.
I only hope we string a few wins together and make them take note.

58Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Sun Jan 30 2022, 20:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland have reacted by sacking their manager Smile

59Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Mon Jan 31 2022, 00:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sunderland have reacted by sacking their manager Smile
TBF they were screaming for his head on the fans forum at 1 nil Smile

They also pointed out at the end that losing 6 nil to a team 15th in the third tier was the worst defeat in their history.

60Bolton 6-0 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 6-0 Sunderland Tue Feb 01 2022, 13:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum