Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Morecambe 1-1 Bolton

+7
karlypants
wessy
Whitesince63
Sluffy
terenceanne
Norpig
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Wed Feb 02 2022, 16:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have momentum and a positive vibe around the place since the transfer window and we really need to keep it going away at our Lancastrian rivals on Saturday.

After a poor start to the season Morecambe are much improved, are currently vying to get out of the bottom 4 and have come very close to doing it but have had a really tough run of fixtures recently. They lost by the odd goal at Wigan, drew with Stanley, and lost at Sheff W but in amongst that lot they turned over high-flying Wycombe in a five goal thriller - so they can be dangerous on their day and I expect them to be outside the relegation zone at the end of the season. They fight for it too having overturned a 3 nil deficit to win 4 - 3 against Donny.

The obvious danger man is 17 goal (so far) Cole Stockton but we'll also be getting reacquainted with "King Arthur" - so there will be a degree of unpredictability about their attack - and they'll have the big French lad Diagouraga putting it about in midfield. Usually set up as a 433 which will be interesting as I think the Globe Arena pitch is wider than ours and that may suit us if we use the ball well and keep the middle solid.

My concerns about complacency didn't materialise last night and with increased competition for places I'm expecting a full on performance from our lads - possibly a change or two in the line up and use of subs as the high energy press we've adopted must be knackering.

Optimistic we'll win this one and keep the momentum going. We have to concede at some stage so I'm going for 1 - 2.

2Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 08:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm expecting us to win this 2-0 or 2-1, confidence is up, we have a good squad now with decent players to come off the bench when needed.

3Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 13:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Looks like the best we can do is a move to 10th in the table and that will require us to win and Burton to draw or lose. One step at a time COYWM

4Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Looks like the best we can do is a move to 10th in the table and that will require us to win and Burton to draw or lose. One step at a time COYWM
If we're going to climb up the table it's a long slow process TA - we're nominally 11th but Portsmouth could overtake us if they win their game in hand! Mind you they have a tough trip to Oxford at the weekend and their recent form has been pants. But a win for Oxford would keep the gap at 12 points unless MKD or Wycombe lose.
We still have a few matches left against the top teams in which we can inflict some damage - including Wigan away - but basically to get to the playoffs we have to win every game home and away and even then we have to hope that the teams above us slip up. Far from straightforward even if we're brilliant every game.

5Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Looks like the best we can do is a move to 10th in the table and that will require us to win and Burton to draw or lose. One step at a time COYWM
If we're going to climb up the table it's a long slow process TA - we're nominally 11th but Portsmouth could overtake us if they win their game in hand! Mind you they have a tough trip to Oxford at the weekend and their recent form has been pants. But a win for Oxford would keep the gap at 12 points unless MKD or Wycombe lose.
We still have a few matches left against the top teams in which we can inflict some damage - including Wigan away - but basically to get to the playoffs we have to win every game home and away and even then we have to hope that the teams above us slip up. Far from straightforward even if we're brilliant every game.

Utter bollocks!

We have 18 games to play and just 12 points off the last play off place as it stands today.

The teams above us will inevitable play other teams vying for play off places so they will be taking points off each other during our 18 games remaining.

I'm not being stupidly optimistic or anything but a play off spot is well within our compass if we don't implode again as we did around the time Sarcevic left.

Whether we do it is another matter but it is not that difficult to achieve in reality and I think we will, even if we draw and lose a few along the way.

6Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 14:07

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Easter is usually the telling time Lusty, as there are successive games and points to play for. It looks like realistically Oxford are the only ones we can catch for 6th place but with them yet to play and a game in hand, we could make up on them quicker than perceived. Portsmouth drawing with them would be a good result for us, as long as we beat Morecambe of course, which I believe we will. I’m not really worried about anybody now as the side seems to have renewed confidence following the signings and with the likes of Dion and Fossey keeping defenders on their toes it takes the pressure of Dapo. Actually I think I’d repeat Evatt’s claim that we’re the best team in the league now because I think it’s true!! 😉

7Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 15:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: Actually I think I’d repeat Evatt’s claim that we’re the best team in the league now because I think it’s true!! 😉
I want to believe it....

... the only thing that's stopping me is the experience of being a lifelong Bolton Wanderers fan Smile

8Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 16:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Utter bollocks!

We have 18 games to play and just 12 points off the last play off place as it stands today.

The teams above us will inevitable play other teams vying for play off places so they will be taking points off each other during our 18 games remaining.

I'm not being stupidly optimistic or anything but a play off spot is well within our compass if we don't implode again as we did around the time Sarcevic left.

Whether we do it is another matter but it is not that difficult to achieve in reality and I think we will, even if we draw and lose a few along the way.
A slow climb is in order - basically moving up one position after each win. Of course presuming we actually do win and other teams take points from each other. As for Saturday lets get 10th and then see were everyone is on Monday.

9Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 17:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we keep on winning then it matters not what the others do, we will continue to climb, complacensy shows no sign of being an issue not under this manager with this squad, the last two games have given us a taste of how good this team could be so it's in our hands.

Sometimes fate steps in and some managers are destined for success, i honestky think IE is such a manager, just before Christmas he was on his arse, what happened ? 3 games called off and a cup match put back. These where games we would have lost they are now points we can gain, fate stepping in.  I would not rule out a play off place not with so many points to play for.

10Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 03 2022, 21:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:If we keep on winning then it matters not what the others do, we will continue to climb, complacensy shows no sign of being an issue not under this manager with this squad, the last two games have given us a taste of how good this team could be so it's in our hands.

Sometimes fate steps in and some managers are destined for success, i honestky think IE is such a manager, just before Christmas he was on his arse, what happened ? 3 games called off and a cup match put back. These where games we would have lost they are now points we can gain, fate stepping in.  I would not rule out a play off place not with so many points to play for.
Completely agree wessy, my sentiments exactly. There’s always one team that sneaks up unseen and I think that could be us, just as we did last year when it appeared even more hopeless. IE could be one of those “lucky generals” Napoleon said he preferred? 😉

11Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 04 2022, 02:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One game at a time chaps.
It will be interesting to see the battle between Stockton and Rico. Stockton is a very skilful player and has a lot of guile, and he won't play Rico at his own game.
As one bloke put it "This season I've seen him beat 5 players to score, lob a keeper from 40 yards, score from his own half, smash a volley in from a tight angle on the reverse..."
You don't score so many goals in an average team without being special, and Stockton is so we need to press, press, press and starve him of the ball.
And then we need to bypass the French guy and take our chances. If we manage that we should be OK.

As an aside, I heard a rumour that Morecambe's goalie Kyle Letheren has walked ... something to do with his missus - so it will be interesting to see who is in goal.

12Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 04 2022, 10:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Re the Morecambe goalie situation:

Source close to the club say he's gone and they're likely to use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speculation about what happened but most agree with this:

"After the first goal conceded against Wednesday, somebody replied to the 1-0 tweet and tagged Letheren's wife. There was a bit of back and forth but I can't see it anymore because she's deleted her account. The tweet that seems to have wound a few up though is where she said "Hand on heart couldn't give a flying fuck if it was 25-0... I still sleep at night. In fact you just woke me up"

Not sure where it's gone from there but a few not happy with Letheren about it"

However, the club wouldn't sack a player for something his wife tweeted so maybe he walked voluntarily? Maybe they'll kiss and make up before tomorrow?

13Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 04 2022, 10:58

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:
Completely agree wessy, my sentiments exactly. There’s always one team that sneaks up unseen and I think that could be us, just as we did last year when it appeared even more hopeless. IE could be one of those “lucky generals” Napoleon said he preferred? 😉
Yep correct Whites, and one team that bombs and drops away. We just neeed to be the one on the rise. Fingers crossed.

14Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 10:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

15Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 10:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

16Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 14:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

17Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 14:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

18Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 14:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Ian has been wanting to rest Gethin, and with the danger presented by Stockton, I have no issues with Aimson who isn't as attacking, replacing him for this game. I only hope Gethin isn't injured.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

19Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 17:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Poor display today and we were lucky to get out with a point. The disruption to the game caused by what seemed to be an unjust sending off and their abusive fans helped stir our players into an equalizer but a poor display in difficult conditions. We need to be better

20Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Morecambe 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 05 2022, 17:24

Good point to snatch given the circumstances - especially with whatever was said by the home fans. We started well but Morecambe sat deep and defended well. I thought Charles was excellent in the first half, his pressing is invaluable. Actually thought Bodvarsson looked handy when he came on too, nice touch for a big guy.

3 games without Santos will be tough, hopefully that gets overturned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum