Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitter

+4
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Sluffy
Norpig
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1twitter - Twitter Empty Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 09:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've finally taken the plunge to go on Twitter and so far it's been ok. I follow mainly BWFC, NFL, gig venues and bands so far (plus the parody Boris Johnson one which is funny) and of course the Nuts twitter account.

Anyone else on here on twitter? Who is good to follow?

If anyone wants to follow me then PM me and i'll send you my details.

2twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 11:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nuts is following you now mate!

I'm sure you know my views of twitter and social media in general, namely very good for news and breaking news but a complete cesspit for people's anger, hatred, bias, prejudice and bile.

Don't believe anything you read on any form of social media to be the truth without verifying it for yourself first.

3twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 12:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I only follow Marc Isles on the BN regarding Wanderers, other than that I never post anything, much the same with Facebook as I don’t want to get drawn in. If Social Media died tomorrow it would do the world a huge favour!

4twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Nuts is following you now mate!

I'm sure you know my views of twitter and social media in general, namely very good for news and breaking news but a complete cesspit for people's anger, hatred, bias, prejudice and bile.

Don't believe anything you read on any form of social media to be the truth without verifying it for yourself first.
Yes it flashed up i was being followed, that's a massive total of 4 people following me now  Laughing

I plan to just use it for football and music really so won't be trolling anyone hopefully!

5twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry mate - I don't do social media although I sometimes see links to it in the news. Problem with Twitter is that whenever I follow a link it insists I open an account to continue reading and that ain't going to happen so I can't "follow you".
Sluffy uses social media a lot though Smile

6twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Sorry mate - I don't do social media although I sometimes see links to it in the news. Problem with Twitter is that whenever I follow a link it insists I open an account to continue reading and that ain't going to happen so I can't "follow you".
Sluffy uses social media a lot though Smile
I thought you believed everything you read on social media though Lusty?  :bomb:

7twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Sorry mate - I don't do social media...

O.M.G!!!
twitter - Twitter 29480525-4f98-4f5b-bb47-916e761a545c-1020x612

Proves my point I made perfectly!!!

Sluffy wrote:Don't believe anything you read on any form of social media to be the truth without verifying it for yourself first.

8twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I thought you believed everything you read on social media though Lusty?  :bomb:
I cling on dearly to every word apparently Smile

9twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 16:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:
I cling on dearly to every word apparently Smile

Funny then how someone who doesn't 'do' social media knows all the bullshit that is being said on it and then posts it on here ffs!!!

Rolling Eyes

10twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 18:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@BWFCBWFC is a good one to follow Smile

11twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 19:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:@BWFCBWFC is a good one to follow Smile
Nothing like a bit of self promotion Very Happy

12twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Fri Feb 04 2022, 23:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obviously need all five followers I can get.  

Wesbwfcagain1 is a funny account to follow
Bwfcstats for stats

Just get following people with the #bwfc and then remove if you don’t like what they’re saying.

Twitter is by far the best social media outlet for news and views

13twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Sun Feb 06 2022, 17:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i thought you ran the Nuts twitter feed? I'll follow yours as well.

14twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Sun Feb 06 2022, 18:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:

The original reason we set up the Nuts Twitter (and Facebook) accounts were to advertise the site by tweeting threads from here - particularly Nat's Behind the Enemy Lines.

The idea was that people would like what we were about, become a member and post on here.

I think it was Keegan who set up our first Twitter account.

Unfortunately no one around at the time really did other social media than forums and so our accounts were never much used.

I can't quite remember why we developed the current Twitter account we now have but again no one much was really bothered about running it.

I took it on to build up the Twitter 'followers' from just a handful to well over a thousand by simply using the strategy of following anyone who had Bolton Wanderers/BWFC in their twitter intro (I did something similar for our Facebook site too).

Once I built up the membership by those people following us back in return I then began to unfollow people simply because of the volume of tweets going through our timeline I couldn't follow any breaking news as it was simply drowned out by all the chatter.

We lost a few who unfollowed us back but at least we could now see quite quickly what breaking news there was and be able to report it on Nuts for all others to see.

When BTID came on board he kindly took on our Twitter account but by then it was clear that although we had gained many followers it did not lead to people joining up on here and taking part - as we had hoped for.

I also don't believe that the personal views of individuals should be made on social media sites representing a fan group such as ours - I believe we should be seen to be neutral in all things and let people believe what they want rather than us lead them.

Funnily enough a 5 minute game by a Cambridge Professor has just been invented to help people spot Fake News on social media which underlines how people flock more readily to 'emotional' views rather than 'rational' ones.

If you want to play it the link is here -
https://www.goviralgame.com/books/go-viral/

It also shows how and why social FILTER bubbles evolve where people seek out others with same views as their own form and basically reinforce those beliefs by excluding all others and basically lose all sense of any unbiased prospective.

You can clearly see examples of people like than on here.

BTID felt the need for more editorial freedom to follow who he wanted and express his personal views so took the decision to step back from running our Twitter account a year or two ago and develop his own instead.

If you or he want to build a large following I suggest you play the game above a learn how to do so.

Nuts however won't be going down that path.

We just use Twitter now to bring news back to the forum as we know there is no crossover from Twitter users wanting to become forum posters.

15twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Sun Feb 06 2022, 22:36

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:I've finally taken the plunge to go on Twitter and so far it's been ok. I follow mainly BWFC, NFL, gig venues and bands so far (plus the parody Boris Johnson one which is funny) and of course the Nuts twitter account.

Anyone else on here on twitter? Who is good to follow?

If anyone wants to follow me then PM me and i'll send you my details.
@iessltd Wink

16twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Sun Feb 06 2022, 22:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I used to, but like sluffy says I wanted freedom to follow who I wanted.  I wasn’t allowed to follow Trump. Very Happy 

Anyway…what’s you Twitter name, I’ll be sure to follow you back 

What is your Twitter name?  

Biggie posts using the Nuts one now.

17twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Mon Feb 07 2022, 00:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Norpig wrote:
I used to, but like sluffy says I wanted freedom to follow who I wanted.  I wasn’t allowed to follow Trump. Very Happy 

You can follow whoever you like BTID.

My point was that the 'site' Bolton Nuts should be seen to be completely neutral and impartial at all times - 'you' weren't following Trump as such - it was the Bolton Nuts twitter account that was seen to be following Tump!

It was also following the likes of Piers Morgan and retweeting Rick Astley and other stuff that wasn't representative of this site or our membership.

Fine if you want to do that but not from the Nuts twitter account.

I don't think it unreasonable for a forum like ours to be open, impartial and welcoming to all views and opinions for discussion rather than be seen to be following your various personal twitter favourites and having them featuring on the sites twitter  timelines to be seen by our followers.

Anyway it seems you have made a success of your own twitter account and all the best to you.

I see you've appeared to have been blocked by Cambridge United's official twitter account though...!

Shocked

18twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Mon Feb 07 2022, 08:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

I'm using the very imaginative twitter name of Craggybwfc, took me hours to think of that  Very Happy

19twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Mon Feb 07 2022, 08:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I see you've appeared to have been blocked by Cambridge United's official twitter account though...!

Shocked
Ahh yes, I posted the video of the Bolton fans singing EIEIEIO with Evatt after our victory, they weren’t best pleased. Ha

20twitter - Twitter Empty Re: Twitter Mon Feb 07 2022, 08:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

I'm using the very imaginative twitter name of Craggybwfc, took me hours to think of that  Very Happy

I've just had a nosey.

I thought W. H. Lung the supermarket on Upper Brook Street had a twitter account until I saw the @whlungmusic when I looked on who you were following. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum