Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Charlton

+5
Cajunboy
dutchwhites63
karlypants
Norpig
wanderlust
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 2-1 Charlton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Wed Feb 09 2022, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We played well first half with Celine and MJ the best players on the park. Second half we tired which with the run of games we've had is understandable, good job we have such a strong bench now. Charlton deserved to get back on level terms but we actually scored from a set piece! As Evatt said it was nice to see us play poorly and win.

I can see Evatt resting one or two on Saturday and giving the likes of Bodvarsson and Sadlier a start.

22Bolton 2-1 Charlton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Wed Feb 09 2022, 09:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Agree Norpig about resting players which is why I think Lee didn’t play today and hopefully with Johnson missing out he’ll also be fit for Saturday. It may also be time to give Marlon a rest and perhaps use Sadlier there instead? Whoever we play, we have strength on the bench now as we showed yesterday with the 3 changes, which really perked us up again. Oxford is arguably our game of the season now because win it and we really are in with a chance of the play offs but lose it and I think it might be asking just too much. There are some good teams in front of us who are also doing well at the moment like Plymouth, Ipswich and Wednesday who also have eyes on the play offs. We’ve given ourselves a chance at least but we can’t afford any slip ups and so I think a win is the only result that will keep us in the hunt.

23Bolton 2-1 Charlton - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Charlton Wed Feb 09 2022, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Evatt deserves a shout for his tactics last night.  He's obviously watched Charlton during their recent winning streak and they try to pin teams into their own half and push their WBs on to take advantage of Chuks Aneke and Connor Wilkinson's talent in the middle so he had Declan hang back to leave no space behind on the left whilst Fossey got forward on the right giving a pivot for the defence if needed. That along with chipping the ball behind their WBs to turn them - and I'm convinced it was a deliberate ploy rather than hoof ball - resulted in us pinning their WBs back rather than them pinning ours. Obviously Charlton switched it up by doubling up on Fossey at half time and they had their good spell but overall I reckon Evatt won the tactical battle last night. Negating their strengths didn't exactly help us play to ours, but overall it worked to our advantage, so good job IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum