Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'It isn't done yet' - Evatt warns Wanderers of hard work ahead in play-off push

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'It isn't done yet' - Evatt warns Wanderers of hard work ahead in play-off push 13471890

Ian Evatt has warned his Wanderers that their hard work has only just started if they plan to gate-crash the play-offs this season.

Saturday’s 3-2 win against Oxford United set tongues wagging around League One, with Wanderers now the form team in the division over the last seven games.

The Whites remained 10th but now trail the top six by just eight points and face back-to-back home games after Tuesday’s trip to Burton Albion.

Evatt is keen to enforce upon his players that despite a massive upturn in fortunes, they must still raise their performance levels further to stand a chance of extending their season.

“It is pleasing how things have gone but this season isn’t done yet,” he said. “We have 15 games left and we need to win as many of them as we possibly can.

“We need to climb above some very good teams like Oxford, challenge week-in, week-out, and the game at Burton will be completely different again.

“I am going to have to make sure we perform to our top levels and if we do that, then we have got a chance.

“But this league is tough. This isn’t League Two where we feel like we were better than everybody else and we can go on an amazing run. We are going to have to earn it in this division.

“There are so many good teams but now I think we have a squad that can help us challenge.”

Evatt has also paid tribute to his wing-backs, Marlon Fossey and Declan John, who both got on the scoresheet at Oxford.

“They are attackers in this team and we keep encouraging them to get forwards and attack and create space and overloads,” he said. “When we recognised where the space was (at Oxford), we really hurt them. It was with the wing-backs on all three goals, really.

“I think Declan’s finish was great, Marlon getting in at the back post with a fantastic finish and then a wonderful bit of quality, a great pass, a great run, great movement from Baka and worthy of winning any game, I’m delighted with that one.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum