Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

+9
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Sluffy
okocha
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wanderlust
Hip Priest
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 18]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 4 270041292_10223789036408130_325813455301130251_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=msmmizktAOUAX-aN0sN&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to the cupboard clear out this morning. A couple of board games of interest, Soccerama and Totopoly, both of which haven't seen the light of day for many years.
Do people still play board games?
Big box full of chess pieces, dominoes, and watches, which I'll have fun sorting out later.
A Tommy Cooper fez!
More Bash Street Kids figures. 
A commode!
Getting to the cobwebby bits now.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had to play monopoly on Saturday with my Daughter and it's the most boring game on earth! Luckily she got bored after half an hour but we do play board games still. Horrible Histories have a good board game and we play Trivial Pursuit as well.

As for your cupboard, how big is this thing? I imagine you are a real life Mr Benn coming back with all these weird and wonderful objects  Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I had to play monopoly on Saturday with my Daughter and it's the most boring game on earth! Luckily she got bored after half an hour but we do play board games still. Horrible Histories have a good board game and we play Trivial Pursuit as well.

As for your cupboard, how big is this thing? I imagine you are a real life Mr Benn coming back with all these weird and wonderful objects  Very Happy

I think he will be finding a lion and a witch in there soon!

I've suffered many a hour of Monopoly when my daughter was growing up - I used to refer to it as monotony - so I see you share my view of it too!

She didn't really want many board games when she was growing up but did like doing jigsaws - which she got from me, who liked to do them myself when I was young. She liked them so much that she won't let me give them away and they are still living here in one of my cupboards collecting dust! Loads of Disney princess ones, so not really ones I even do myself to pass away a few hours or more!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I had to play monopoly on Saturday with my Daughter and it's the most boring game on earth! Luckily she got bored after half an hour but we do play board games still. Horrible Histories have a good board game and we play Trivial Pursuit as well.

As for your cupboard, how big is this thing? I imagine you are a real life Mr Benn coming back with all these weird and wonderful objects  Very Happy
It's quite a big cupboard, full of stuff that 'might come in for something in the future'. So I suppose that explains the commode.
It seems I'm responsible for all the so called junk in here, so it's my job to sort it out. Unfortunately, all I've done so far is get the stuff out, then put it back. Looks tidier though.
Found some silver BWFC salt and pepper pots, a Halle concert programme signed by Sir John Barbirolli, and the leader of the orchestra, a pipe rack, made by my brother in 1975, my gran's walking stick, a large Laurel and Hardy statue, which I think I'll stick on my desk, and a postcard of the steps at Barrow Bridge, dated 1903, and addressed to Master Eustace Newell Jones. 
Found all this but I can't find my glasses. I had them in the bathroom.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I think he will be finding a lion and a witch in there soon!

I've suffered many a hour of Monopoly when my daughter was growing up - I used to refer to it as monotony - so I see you share my view of it too!

She didn't really want many board games when she was growing up but did like doing jigsaws - which she got from me, who liked to do them myself when I was young.  She liked them so much that she won't let me give them away and they are still living here in one of my cupboards collecting dust!  Loads of Disney princess ones, so not really ones I even do myself to pass away a few hours or more!
Don't get me started on jigsaws, Sluffy. My dad bought one that was simply a picture of baked beans. 1000 pieces.
It was hell on earth for my brother and I. Still have nightmares.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Laurel & Hardy figure is a bit dusty, but will come up nice with a rub down. Can't find anything close on the internet.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 4 Img_2215

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Don't get me started on jigsaws, Sluffy. My dad bought one that was simply a picture of baked beans. 1000 pieces.
It was hell on earth for my brother and I. Still have nightmares.

Not really sure where my love of doing jigsaws when I was a kid started from but I do remember when at primary school, Santa brought us all a gift at Christmas and one year I got a cowboy jigsaw and the next a Whirlybird one.

I remember my dear mam turning all the pieces the right way up, finding all the straight edged outer pieces to make it easier to make a start on the puzzle, then accidently on purpose 'pushing' the pieces I was looking for under my nose to help me do it.

I think it was the love of all that, that made doing the same things for my daughter so enjoyable for me to do too - although in the end I wasn't allowed to help her at all (although she quite happily let me turn over the 1,000 pieces on the big jigsaws she was doing at the end!).

Happy days with both of them.

Makes me quite emotional to remember both those times.

Time and tide though...!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Not really sure where my love of doing jigsaws when I was a kid started from but I do remember when at primary school, Santa brought us all a gift at Christmas and one year I got a cowboy jigsaw and the next a Whirlybird one.

I remember my dear mam turning all the pieces the right way up, finding all the straight edged outer pieces to make it easier to make a start on the puzzle, then accidently on purpose 'pushing' the pieces I was looking for under my nose to help me do it.

I think it was the love of all that, that made doing the same things for my daughter so enjoyable for me to do too - although in the end I wasn't allowed to help her at all (although she quite happily let me turn over the 1,000 pieces on the big jigsaws she was doing at the end!).

Happy days with both of them.

Makes me quite emotional to remember both those times.

Time and tide though...!
I don't mind the traditional jigsaw. Nice scenic picture you can get your teeth into, but I'll have no truck with those featureless ones, or even the round ones.
I believe you can get 3D jigsaws now.
Not found a single jigsaw in this cupboard. Used to have loads, but I gave most of them to an old work colleague with a terminal illness. He loved them, and he became something of an expert, turning a lot of them into framed pictures.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two NHS crutches.
Bottle of Ambre Solaire.
A Pelham Puppet.
Ten Bob Dylan vinyl albums.
A wooden piece of Burnden Park.
A Beano bat and ball (on elastic).
A game called Lexicon. Can't remember playing it.
Set of ivory poker dice, given to me by an old neighbour. He was a desert rat, and used them throughout the war. Despite them being ivory, I'll keep them. Would be churlish not to.
Not much else here now, just some Queen Victoria pennies, a few two bob and half crown pieces and a threepenny bit.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coming next week.

BONCE GOES INTO THE LOFT.

What could possibly go wrong.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Coming next week.

BONCE GOES INTO THE LOFT.

What could possibly go wrong.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 4 326E236D00000578-3502853-image-a-9_1458572729785

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Coming next week.

BONCE GOES INTO THE LOFT.

What could possibly go wrong.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 4 326E236D00000578-3502853-image-a-9_1458572729785

lol!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got better legs. Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Coming next week.

BONCE GOES INTO THE LOFT.

What could possibly go wrong.

Blimey.

I didn't want to believe that my dad had been stealing from his job as a roadworker - but when I cleared out his attic the signs were all there.....

As mentioned, I have no shame.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Blimey.

I didn't want to believe that my dad had been stealing from his job as a roadworker - but when I cleared out his attic the signs were all there.....

As mentioned, I have no shame.
Ouch.
I'll have to have another delve into the Uxbridge English Dictionary.

A la carte......Muslim wheel barrow

Asthmatic......Electric bidet

Benign......What it'll be after eight

Buffalo.....Popular greeting at a nudist camp

Cloister.....A pretentious clam

Institute......A freeze dried hooker

Manifesto.....Jewish conjuror

Stockade......Fizzy oxo

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are not really Robert Ripley in disguise are you Bonce? Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:You are not really Robert Ripley in disguise are you Bonce? Very Happy
Believe it or not, no. Very Happy

My dad described me as 'Someone staggering through life like Freddie Frinton in a hall of mirrors'.

You might have to look him up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Believe it or not, no. Very Happy

My dad described me as 'Someone staggering through life like Freddie Frinton in a hall of mirrors'.

You might have to look him up.
Weirdly, Freddie Frinton is known widely throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Scandinavia - he is more famous than Elvis. In Holland there is a guy famous for impersonating Freddie Frinton.

"Dinner for One" has been a New Year's Eve sensation since the 60's and every year families gather round the TV to watch it  - considerably more than Brits watch the Queen's Speech.

A few years back I spent New Year in Mainz and I couldn't believe it's popularity - it was broadcast on EVERY channel - and they had programmes beforehand showing people getting ready to watch it - everyone from Hell's Angels getting the beers in to famous politicians having wine with their families. The news programmes ended with an update of what time it would be shown on their channel. Throughout Germany and northern Europe, people were organising "Dinner for One" parties.

Basically it's a short play in which Freddie Frinton humours his mad employer and gets pissed in the process. And it is BELOVED throughout northern Europe.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum