Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'A big month' - Ian Evatt admits Wanderers have little room for error

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'A big month' - Ian Evatt admits Wanderers have little room for error 13380955

Ian Evatt reckons Wanderers have a big month ahead as they bid to make a late push for the play-offs.

The Whites are currently 11th in the League One table - seven points behind sixth-placed Sunderland with 11 games to go.

Evatt is keen to build on their strong form in February and put pressure on the sides above them in the coming weeks.

“We’re just happy to be in with some sort of shout, and that’s all it is,” said the Bolton boss.

“We’ve got lots of hard work to do. This is a big month obviously and if we can get a result (against Gillingham), then we’ve got two home games to come.

“Our home form is really good at the moment, so hopefully we can get back to winning ways and then look ahead to a big month coming up.

“But we’re not underestimating Gillingham. We know it’s going to be really challenging.”

The Whites suffered a 2-0 defeat against third-placed MK Dons in their last outing and Evatt is keen to bounce back against the Gills.

He admits there isn’t much room for error if his side are to climb into the top six before the end of the season.

“We were very disappointed with how the game panned out on Saturday,” added Evatt.

“I don’t think we did ourselves justice. Strangely, looking at the data and the stats, we actually had more possession than them and felt like we were going to get back into the game.

“But we haven’t given the game to somebody for a long, long time and I think we did that on Saturday, so I think we have to bounce back.

“It’s going to be a tough game though. They’ve picked up since Neil Harris has gone in there and they’re fighting for their lives, so we’re expecting a real tough one.”

Wanderers have been able to get back to work on the training pitch over the past week following a busy run of fixtures.

Evatt is pleased with the work they have done in preparation for Saturday’s trip to the Priestfield Stadium and is hopeful it will pay off.

“It’s been nice to be able to breathe,” he said. “We’ve had such a hectic schedule and it’s actually been really good getting the lads back on the grass again.

“It’s really highlighted to me that we’re not as fluid as I want us to be. We’ve had some good results and some excellent performances and some big, big victories.

“But some of our in-possession detail has left us a little bit and with the new players, we’re coaching and teaching them all the time as well.

“There is so much to work and improve on, especially in this system.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum