Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dapo Afolayan's view on Wanderers’ season so far and individual targets

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dapo Afolayan's view on Wanderers’ season so far and individual targets 13545037

Wanderers forward Dapo Afolayan has set himself a target of reaching 20 goals before the end of the season.

Afolayan is the Whites’ top-scorer this season, having scored 13 goals in 41 games after joining on a permanent deal over the summer.

The Bolton forward is delighted with how the campaign has gone on a personal note and is hopeful they can finish the season strongly.

Speaking to the Pitch Side Podcast, he said: "I want to see if I can get to 20, I've got 13 in all competitions.

“I want to get to 20 goals and get 10 assists as well so hopefully that will give me a good, all rounded season. Hopefully that's what I can get to.

"It's going really well to be honest, especially on a personal level. I think we started off well and we got promoted last year.

"We had a bit of a dip but we've had some good results so we're making a little late play-off run.

"(I’ve got) 11 goals in the league, I want to score as many as possible. Last season I scored once so I just want to get as many as possible really.

"I think I was doing well last season but I think the last bit was missing, so I went away in the summer, worked on it, came back this season and have done alright."

The Whites are currently 11th in the League One table – eight points off the top six with 11 games to go.

And Afolayan insists the squad shares Ian Evatt’s goal of climbing into the play-off places before the end of the season.

He added: "For us (our aim) is to hopefully sneak into the play-offs and make it back-to-back promotions.

“For the gaffer it would be back-to-back to back as well. That's our ambition obviously to hopefully sneak in there.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum