Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boring England matches...

+6
terenceanne
wanderlust
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Boring England matches...  Empty Boring England matches... Tue Mar 29 2022, 21:43

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Watching England used to be a slight step up in quality after enduring some Bolton matches in recent years (although never scintillating).

However after watching stunning Bolton performances for most of this season, I found the bore fest of the England matches hard work.

Anyone else?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 08:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't even bother watching last night and only found out the score this morning. I read Maguire was getting booed by our own fans, what a load of bellends some so called England fans are!

3Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 10:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Did anyone else watch it?

4Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 11:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nope, not me.

Can't even be bothered to watch them in the actual tournaments these days - didn't bother when they played Italy in the final for instance.

I don't even know who half the new young players are, never heard of many of them before.

I just mainly stick to following Bolton and have done for a number of years now.

5Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 11:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was watching Whacko! starring Professor Jimmy Edwards.

6Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 12:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was watching Whacko! starring Professor Jimmy Edwards.
Pervert.

7Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 12:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the England game and an intriguing contest was spoiled by the unnecessary sending off of Aurier. England were excellent going forward and Grealish was at his best producing some real world class quality. Bellingham was immense and had the air of Yaya Toure about him - massive future for England. Ollie Watkins scored but it was a tap in and did little else. Raheem Stirling produced another good England performance.

Defensively, it was a different story altogether. OK we didn't concede but there were moments of panic where I thought better quality teams - or even struggling teams like Portugal who have Ronaldo, Fernandez and Jota up front - would have put us to the sword.

For me we look like a team that will get close but not win it again.

PS: Moment of the game was watching Grealish begging the ref not to send Aurier off. Bizarre.

8Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30 2022, 21:46

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yeah. 
Grealish was begging for that because, I assume, he knew it would ruin the match.

When I used to play 7 aside, it was always shit being in the team with 7 if a player from the other team got injured or didn't show up.

9Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Thu Mar 31 2022, 00:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Yeah. 
Grealish was begging for that because, I assume, he knew it would ruin the match.

When I used to play 7 aside, it was always shit being in the team with 7 if a player from the other team got injured or didn't show up.
True but equally it works the other way - on Monday we had 8 against 9 and I'm as slow as a carthorse these days but we whupped them anyway and it felt all the better for it.

10Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Sat Oct 14 2023, 00:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watching England tonight was so much like watching the Wanderers of late.
Possession was the name of the game even though most of it was across the back
Get past the defenders on the outside and then....pass it back and recycle it across the back to start again. Slow build up so by the time we get into the final third there are two rows of defenders waiting. Give the ball away and the defence is immediately exposed.
Other comments in the pub included:
* Southgate sticks with the same players so when the second string plays they have no experience of playing together hence no cohesion
* Why not pick players who are in form?
* Can't argue with the results overall but it's boring

It was noticeable that Baccus more then held his own against this melange of overpaid Premiership stars BTW - still annoyed with the Aussie coach for suggesting his international place was under threat if he signed for us.

11Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Sat Oct 14 2023, 12:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Watching England tonight was so much like watching the Wanderers of late.
Possession was the name of the game even though most of it was across the back
Get past the defenders on the outside and then....pass it back and recycle it across the back to start again. Slow build up so by the time we get into the final third there are two rows of defenders waiting. Give the ball away and the defence is immediately exposed.
Other comments in the pub included:
* Southgate sticks with the same players so when the second string plays they have no experience of playing together hence no cohesion
* Why not pick players who are in form?
* Can't argue with the results overall but it's boring

It was noticeable that Baccus more then held his own against this melange of overpaid Premiership stars BTW - still annoyed with the Aussie coach for suggesting his international place was under threat if he signed for us.
100% Agree..... to me only Bowen had any gumption to go forward with the ball. A better team than the Aussies would have beat us last night IMO.

12Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Tue Oct 17 2023, 15:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tonight should be a great occasion, but I fear Southgate's natural caution will spoil things and probably hand Italy a narrow victory.

At least two defensive midfielders in Rice and Phillips is guaranteed, our best creative midfielder by far (Alexander-Arnold), an unlikely starter.

You just know this is going to be turgid stuff.

13Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Tue Oct 17 2023, 18:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m hoping for a good game. Should be playing our first team too.

14Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Tue Oct 17 2023, 21:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful first half, but credit is due for the second half performance. Bellingham great as always, but Kane really is brilliant.

We're winning nowt with Phillips in midfield though.

15Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Oct 18 2023, 09:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I compared England to the Wanderers in the last game, but in this game where we had pace and quality up front the difference was crystal clear. Instead of endlessly recycling the ball we had pace and purpose going forward - Bellingham bursting into the box to win the pen, Rashford coming off the wing to score and Kane sprinting through from the halfway line.
None of that slow build up nonsense or banging our heads against a packed defence - it was proper draw them out and then pounce stuff.
Which comes back to my only real criticism of Evattball - it requires better quality players than we have (or our players performing at their best all the time) to make it work consistently.
Happy with England though - quality showed through in the end.

16Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Oct 18 2023, 12:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England beat a bang average Italy team who are rebuilding. Still no idea how Maguire and Philips can start games when they can't get a club game. Foden should be in midfield with Rice and Bellingham.

17Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Fri Oct 20 2023, 15:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scotland qualified before England and have made serious improvements. In fact I think if Scotland and England played each other we would win. 

Sadly England won’t agree to a match out of fear.

18Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Fri Oct 20 2023, 16:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Scotland qualified before England and have made serious improvements. In fact I think if Scotland and England played each other we would win. 

:rofl:

19Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Fri Oct 20 2023, 16:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Scotland qualified before England and have made serious improvements. In fact I think if Scotland and England played each other we would win. 

You're from Coventry.

20Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Fri Oct 20 2023, 18:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boring England matches...  200.gif?cid=a87a70e6cxr5z1bdxihihysx67x18ucv4luw8bmhnuez4hae&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum