Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Boring England matches...

Boring England matches...

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boring England matches...  Empty Boring England matches... Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Watching England used to be a slight step up in quality after enduring some Bolton matches in recent years (although never scintillating).

However after watching stunning Bolton performances for most of this season, I found the bore fest of the England matches hard work.

Anyone else?

http://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:27 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't even bother watching last night and only found out the score this morning. I read Maguire was getting booed by our own fans, what a load of bellends some so called England fans are!

3Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:39 am

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Did anyone else watch it?

4Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:50 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nope, not me.

Can't even be bothered to watch them in the actual tournaments these days - didn't bother when they played Italy in the final for instance.

I don't even know who half the new young players are, never heard of many of them before.

I just mainly stick to following Bolton and have done for a number of years now.

5Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:53 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was watching Whacko! starring Professor Jimmy Edwards.

6Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:16 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was watching Whacko! starring Professor Jimmy Edwards.
Pervert.

7Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:28 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched the England game and an intriguing contest was spoiled by the unnecessary sending off of Aurier. England were excellent going forward and Grealish was at his best producing some real world class quality. Bellingham was immense and had the air of Yaya Toure about him - massive future for England. Ollie Watkins scored but it was a tap in and did little else. Raheem Stirling produced another good England performance.

Defensively, it was a different story altogether. OK we didn't concede but there were moments of panic where I thought better quality teams - or even struggling teams like Portugal who have Ronaldo, Fernandez and Jota up front - would have put us to the sword.

For me we look like a team that will get close but not win it again.

PS: Moment of the game was watching Grealish begging the ref not to send Aurier off. Bizarre.

8Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:46 pm

Biggie

Biggie
Admin

Yeah. 
Grealish was begging for that because, I assume, he knew it would ruin the match.

When I used to play 7 aside, it was always shit being in the team with 7 if a player from the other team got injured or didn't show up.

9Boring England matches...  Empty Re: Boring England matches... Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:15 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Yeah. 
Grealish was begging for that because, I assume, he knew it would ruin the match.

When I used to play 7 aside, it was always shit being in the team with 7 if a player from the other team got injured or didn't show up.
True but equally it works the other way - on Monday we had 8 against 9 and I'm as slow as a carthorse these days but we whupped them anyway and it felt all the better for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum