Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan boss Richardson's view on Wanderers draw and McClean controversy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan boss Richardson's view on Wanderers draw and McClean controversy 12934140

Wigan boss Leam Richardson reckons there was “no need to send anybody off” following his side’s 1-1 draw with Wanderers at the DW Stadium.

Ian Evatt felt James McClean should have been shown a second yellow card for tugging back Dapo Afolayan on the stroke of half-time.

But Richardson says referee Samuel Barrott made the right call and insists he handled the game “extremely well”.

“I didn’t think there was a tackle in the game that deserved to make it an uneven game,” he told Wigan Today.

“I thought the referee and the officials managed the game extremely well. In my opinion, there was no need to send anybody off.”

McClean put the hosts in front after seven minutes when his cross evaded everyone and nestled into the bottom corner.

But the Whites hit back through substitute Jon Dadi Bodvarsson’s emphatic header seven minutes from time.

Richardson was delighted with his side’s first-half display and felt they should have been more than one goal up at the break.

He added: “I thought we controlled large parts of the game. I thought we were excellent in the first half, possibly should have put the game to bed by half time.

“In fact, for the first 60 minutes we dominated large parts of the game but now and again you have to dig in and defend.

“Both teams kept each other honest throughout, it was fantastic for the fans and a good derby occasion.”

Source

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That was the clearest, most blatant second yellow card tackle you are ever likely to see and the ref completely bottled it, but hey, because it was a good match nobody should have been sent off!!!
This bloke has been taking lessons from Boris.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Completely agree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum