Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We can compete against the best' - Evatt won't give up on promotion hopes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We can compete against the best' - Evatt won't give up on promotion hopes 13640235

Ian Evatt believes Wanderers can look to the future with confidence after taking a point against Wigan Athletic.

The Bolton boss says his side will not surrender the chase for a top six spot despite the gap now standing at 11 points with only 18 for which to play.

But he felt the performance against the Latics, who have led from the front for most of this season in League One, shows how far his own side has some since they were humbled at home against their local rivals in October.

Asked if promotion was still a possibility he said after the 1-1 draw at the DW Stadium: “Whether it is or isn’t I don’t know the answer to that but while there is mathematically a chance we will carry on fighting to the end.

“You have all see today that we are a completely different team to what we were in the home game or the cup game.

“They’re top of this division for a reason and this was always going to be a benchmark for where we were and I think we have shown now that we can compete against the best teams in this division and give ourselves an opportunity.”

Wanderers fans have already shown they are invested in the club’s future after more than 12,000 of them signed up for season tickets.

Evatt had desperately wanted back-to-back promotions but if his side fails to make the top six he is still confident the club is moving in the right direction for next term.

“I think the fans have been absolutely outstanding,” he said. “I think to sell 12,000 season tickets in March is incredible, huge credit to everybody involved but it’s our job to keep building on this momentum. This club is on the up, it’s going places.

“We all want it now, we all want to be involved now but it’s not that easy. You have to build and regardless of what happens towards the end of this season, it’s been a huge positive because I rethink on and off the pitch we’ve improved and that’s the important thing.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had we started the game with the eleven that finished it and had a go at them from the off we could have won this game, but trying to play fancy football on a rugby league pitch against a physical side is a big ask.
We needed the physical presence of Baka and JDB and the tenacity of Dempsey to get at them early - and if we'd taken the lead there would always be the option of bringing on the likes of Kacha and Charles to keep possession at the death.
IMO

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum