Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

OH YEAH!

Marc Iles on twitter...

"Freedman 'delay'"... "Phillips will be in charge against Boro"

2Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Love the last sentance!

JIMMY Phillips has confirmed he will be in charge of Wanderers weekend game against Middlesbrough.

The caretaker boss remains undefeated at the helm after Mark Davies salvaged a late point at Molineux last night.

But despite expressing his disappointment at Crystal Palace's announcement that Dougie Freedman would soon be taking charge at the Reebok, Phillips has praised his players for sticking to their task.

“They applied themselves very well, considering,” he said. “The timing wasn't exactly great.

“But from the conversation I had with Phil I'll be in charge on Saturday.

“Reports have been leaked out from the Crystal Palace end but the deal hasn't been finalised between the two clubs and so as far as we know, we'll be taking the team to Middlesbrough.”

Phillips does not know where he, nor coaches Sammy Lee or Julian Darby will fit into Freedman's backroom staff.

“I honestly don't, and it's not my decision,” he said. “All I can say is that we've thoroughly enjoyed our time here and so far we've got four points from two games, which was the target set for Owen at the start of the season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In fairness to Phillips, even if Freedman takes over as it would appear, Phillips will still be in charge of the Academy.

4Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

::wtf::

5Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote: ::wtf::

I agree. It's almost as if Phillips is making a case as to why we have signed Freedman. Again, I reiterate, where is Az when you need an official answer.

6Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I doubt very much that Az speaks in any capacity for the club - he even stated that Owen Coyle was here long term - two days before he was sacked!

Finger on the pulse or what?

7Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is such a mess. And typically zero communication from the club.

Palace have clearly played the child and jumped the gun on purpose. Dougie must be fuming, especially if he hadn't decided to leave fully.

Now we're not going to have him in charge in the next WEEK. I dread to think what is going on behind the scenes.

as for JP "expressing his disappointment" unprofessional.

8Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Has Garty sacked him ? Embarassed

9Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

as for JP "expressing his disappointment" unprofessional.

Come on ! A closed mouth never gets fed. Why shouldn't JP be disappointed? A home win plus a draw away against one of the promotion favourites? What has he done wrong ?

10Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not actually his line granted but i think it's childish to be bemoaning the appointment of a new manager, he can think what he likes in private but he should be bigging up the new man.

11Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not actually his line granted but i think it's childish to be bemoaning the appointment of a new manager, he can think what he likes in private but he should be bigging up the new man.

If I was about to lose my job even though I had performed adequately then the last thing I would do is ' big up ' my incumbent.

12Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Has Garty sacked him ? Embarassed

Well as the self-styled go between with the club and the fans (who is being paid by the club!), he's been noticeably absent from this forum, yet posts on a couple of others.

Seems he must consider that not all the clubs fans are equal and where you post is more important than what you post!

Do you honestly think that ANY manager would willingly make himself available to answer any questions that some random self appointed fan 'liaison' appointee wants to bother them with?

I know what I'd tell him - and Gartside - to do, if I were told that that was to be part of my duties.

Seems that Coyle was not the only deluded one at the club!

13Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:44

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Phillips added: "I think every manager has a team of staff he likes to bring in.

"That will be up for negotiation between Dougie Freedman and our chairman as to which of our existing staff he could utilise because we have a very good support staff.

"I have really enjoyed it and I would like to think we have improved the players in a short space of time."

14Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Wed Oct 24 2012, 00:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They were diabolical tonight. Wide open once again and depressingly limp on the attack. They've scored once again from a set piece and a spectacular MDavies strike.

Freedman has a lot of work to do!

15Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Empty Re: Phillips: I'm in charge at Boro Wed Oct 24 2012, 00:16

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Were they really diabolical?

I know it was only the radio but I have rarely heard us dominating a game like that in the last few months.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum