Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'I loved playing with him' - Gethin Jones is hopeful of Fossey return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'I loved playing with him' - Gethin Jones is hopeful of Fossey return 13483730

Marlon Fossey’s progress in his recovery from a knee injury is music to Gethin Jones’s ears.

Ian Evatt is optimistic that Bolton will be at the front of the queue for Fulham wing-back if – as expected – he leaves Craven Cottage this summer.

Jones forged a productive relationship with the former US youth international before his season was ended prematurely by injury and has kept in touch since he returned to his parent club for treatment.

“When I first came back from injury the manager spoke to me and said he thought me and Marlon could have a good relationship on that side, and we did,” he said.

“I loved playing with him and it was an enjoyable position for me, playing in a back three, because I didn’t have to stay back, I still got freedom to go forward as much as I wanted.

“It was so disappointing to hear he had an injury and I gave him a little text because obviously I wasn’t here at the time. I’m still in contact now, to see how he is.”

Fossey posted an update on Instagram yesterday with a picture of him running on an Alter-G treadmill. The 23-year-old is expected to be fully fit by pre-season after tearing the meniscus in his knee.

Jones has since returned to the wing-back role that he had played earlier this season, looking to establish the same sort of relationship with Will Aimson.

Wanderers continue their quest for a top 10 finish at Doncaster Rovers on Good Friday, where Ian Evatt is set to shuffle his squad once against because of injuries.

Liam Gordon could come in for his first start since December 7, with Declan John nursing a hamstring problem, and there could be a change up front if Jon Dadi Bodvarsson cannot rid himself of a sore back which affected his running on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.

There may be little but pride to play for but Jones insists there will still be personal aims for players within the squad.

“We will keep working hard because there are still a lot of things we need to work on and improve,” he said. “Some of the lads are still fresh from January, we have changed the style of play, we have changed the formation and we have still got loads and loads that we can give.

“We still work on things every day - how to improve in and out of possession - so if we keep working hard from now until the end of the season we will see where we finish, have a little break and then crack on next year.

“We will just keep doing what we are doing at the moment until the end of the season.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum