Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

8/1 on two delusional former Bolton managers

+11
Hipster_Nebula
terenceanne
chipbutty
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
JonnyRandom
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I love it when a manager gets sacked. You can't beat the drama over who will replace him. They have been having kittens over Megson on their forums but seem they'd be very satisfied with Coyle.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have to hand it to Coyle, he was a bloody awful manager but he seems to have left Bolton with his reputation intact.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He did (somehow) get Burnley promoted to the Prem! So that's 1 success and 1 failure now for Coyle as a manager. If he fails in his next job, he's reputation will be well and truly naffed.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He also 'kept us up', had us in the top 6 for the majority of his first full season and got us to a Cup Semi Final with a net spend of less than £5m.

Obviously, we all know there's a lot more to it than that, but that is how outsiders measure employability.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe if he gets the Ipswich job he'll try and sign Kevin Davies in January?

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Any job coyle gets next i hope he does well. Still like the guy but just was crap with us

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JonnyRandom wrote:Any job coyle gets next i hope he does well. Still like the guy but just was crap with us

I feel the same way.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish Coyle well, too.

I also wish Megson well.

P.S. Just kidding about Megson.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I still don't get it?

Coyle might be the nicest bloke in the world but the record books show (note not my opinion) that he presided over the worst home season in our entire history, massively underachieved with a squad that honestly should not have got relegated, spent what little money we had available to us on players who can't even get in the team (or add much to it if they do) and left us struggling in the bottom half of the Championship with a team that every pundit had as the favourites for promotion from this league!

We have probably dropped somewhere in the region of £30 to £40 million in the loss of Sky Premier money (which can be doubled if we don't get promoted this year either!) - this remember being a club currently £110+ million already in debt!

Jesus if people can forgive him for that then what the hell does someone have to do to piss you off??

Coyle was simply a disaster for this club and may have done irreparable damage to us - time will tell on that - so why the hell people would want him to do well in some other multi-million pound contract at some other club is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy wrote:I still don't get it?

Coyle might be the nicest bloke in the world but the record books show (note not my opinion) that he presided over the worst home season in our entire history, massively underachieved with a squad that honestly should not have got relegated, spent what little money we had available to us on players who can't even get in the team (or add much to it if they do) and left us struggling in the bottom half of the Championship with a team that every pundit had as the favourites for promotion from this league!

We have probably dropped somewhere in the region of £30 to £40 million in the loss of Sky Premier money (which can be doubled if we don't get promoted this year either!) - this remember being a club currently £110+ million already in debt!

Jesus if people can forgive him for that then what the hell does someone have to do to piss you off??

Coyle was simply a disaster for this club and may have done irreparable damage to us - time will tell on that - so why the hell people would want him to do well in some other multi-million pound contract at some other club is absolutely beyond my comprehension.
My thinking too, i wouldn,t wish him well not after he fucking ruined my life the twat and got rid of two great keepers and leaves us with a ginger joke of a keeper.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

why would anyone give him a job after he ruined us, but then some stupid fuckers kept employing Jewel.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nice bloke but I won't clap him if he comes back, he manged to take us down after a decade in the top flight and turn us into a piss poor outift, he's brough Ngog who has somehow managed to over take Elmander in the section of worst striker the club has ever bought.

Oh and left us hovering above the relegation zone of not just the Premier league but the fecking championship, plus I imagine he didn't leave the club empty handed after fucking us up.

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I'm with you Sluff.

I've never come across this before. I've only ever know fans judge managers on their err ..... managerial ability not their niceness (or lack of niceness).

If your only daughter was bringing home for the first time the man she told you she hoped to marry then yes, a certain amount of niceness would be desirable. But why football fans admire niceness in their manager, a man in all probability they will never meet, is completely beyond me.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think with Coyle being a former player we all wanted him to do well, just the same as if Campo or SuperJohn took over the club. The bottom line is that he wasn't good enough and that is why he was sacked.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's wrong with some appreciation for somebody whose heart was for the best part in the right place?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It wasn't though!

If he cared about the club (and not the money) he would have walked because as I've said the facts are that he led us to our worst home season in the clubs entire history - 138 years!!!

He's either got to be either completely blind to the fact that he's not very good at managing BWFC - his record since New Year 2010 is utterly appalling - or he stopped for the pay out!

It's not rocket science really working out which one it is!

QED.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And the best part is that Ipswich are below Derby ....

of course so are we Rolling Eyes

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terence, I get the feeling that logic might be your strong suit. Sometimes it's better to look at the practicalities of our current squad. It should be logical that we should be promoted automatically with our previous premier league experience but logic plays no part in the modern game.

Leonard Nimoy would be proud of your stance but it doesn't help us Wanderers on this side of the Atlantic.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:It wasn't though!

If he cared about the club (and not the money) he would have walked because as I've said the facts are that he led us to our worst home season in the clubs entire history - 138 years!!!

He's either got to be either completely blind to the fact that he's not very good at managing BWFC - his record since New Year 2010 is utterly appalling - or he stopped for the pay out!

It's not rocket science really working out which one it is!

QED.

He missed out on survival by a point, 12 months after leading us to our best season post-Allardyce, with long-term injuries to our two best players and a by comparison piss poor budget. From his point of view, he did an excusable job at Bolton that he was capable of putting right.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

glad to be rid of Coyles after match interviews.

Dougie's got a much more sultry weegie accent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum