Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread

+9
Growler
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Mon May 16 2022, 17:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

2Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Mon May 23 2022, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oldham game has been called off and rightly so. 

Oldham are looking to ban any and all supporters who came on to the pitch in their last match to protest about their terrible owners and the way the club has been run into the ground.

3Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 01:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Evatt is serious about building a team capable of winning promotion I think we need games more challenging than Longridge, Chorley and Southport unless they are specifically geared towards blooding the new B team.
Presumably the next lot to be announced will be a bit more adventurous, ideally Championship or decent foreign league clubs.

4Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 10:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Oldham game has been called off and rightly so. 

Oldham are looking to ban any and all supporters who came on to the pitch in their last match to protest about their terrible owners and the way the club has been run into the ground.

Terrible or not, Oldham's owners did manage to file their accounts on time and they did manage to just about break even in 2019/20 and 2020/21.

However they might have taken on more than they had reckoned with. Some pre-acquisition tax bills seem to have crawled out of the woodwork which are 'currently under formal review', according to the accounts.

Footie fans seem to be happy only when owners are spending more than clubs can afford.

5Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 10:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you attend matches armed with a spreadsheet Bob?

6Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 11:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Do you attend matches armed with a spreadsheet Bob?

Sometimes, Mr Pig.

But tell me what you would do if your club was skint and fans wanted to invade the pitch incurring additional unaffordable policing costs and fines for failing to control your fans?

It seems to be a bit of a Lefty thing but a lot of footie-following Lefties seem to swallow hook, line and sinker any old garbage without ever bothering to check the facts.

Anyway I'm not impressed with FV on this one. If Oldham's owners are 'terrible', FV shouldn't have been dealing with them in the first place. Having to cave in to 'fan pressure' is a bit pathetic.

7Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 11:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm quite surprised we never had any pitch invasions when KA was still in charge but what other way do fans who think their club is being run into the ground have to get their feelings across? 

Oldham have just said one of their stands will be closed next season as they don't even own it! That issue with the stand has been rumbling on for a few years now and its no wonder fans are annoyed at what is happening there

We all saw what happened to Bury and clubs like Oldham can probably see something similar happening to them.

8Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Wed May 25 2022, 22:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:I'm quite surprised we never had any pitch invasions when KA was still in charge but what other way do fans who think their club is being run into the ground have to get their feelings across? 

Oldham have just said one of their stands will be closed next season as they don't even own it! That issue with the stand has been rumbling on for a few years now and its no wonder fans are annoyed at what is happening there

We all saw what happened to Bury and clubs like Oldham can probably see something similar happening to them.
Is that the best you can do Mr Pig?
As Mrs Vardy might put it, “I’ve seen more meat in a chipolata”

9Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry i didn't realise it was a competition but rest assured Bob you will always be this sites most arrogant and boring poster, well done and keep up the "good" work  :number1:

10Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 10:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry i didn't realise it was a competition but rest assured Bob you will always be this sites most arrogant and boring poster, well done and keep up the "good" work  :number1:
He has competition for that particular title so don't be handing out the silverware just yet Smile

11Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 13:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
He has competition for that particular title so don't be handing out the silverware just yet Smile
Very Happy

12Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 14:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:sorry i didn't realise it was a competition but rest assured Bob you will always be this sites most arrogant and boring poster, well done and keep up the "good" work  :number1:
Casting pearls before swine, Mr Pig, pearls before swine but have you never thought……….?

13Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 14:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Casting pearls before swine, Mr Pig, pearls before swine but have you never thought……….?
No sorry utter gibberish, can you write in English please?

14Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 14:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
'

It was a silly question, Mr Pig. Why would a man with your wit and wisdom ever need to think?

15Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 14:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Bob's referring to his 'pearls' of wisdom (in respect of his undoubted knowledge of accountancy), making a play on your username (Norpig) in order to use the term 'swine' and combing them in the saying 'casting pearls before swine', meaning...

To give or offer something valuable to someone who does not understand its value.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I believe him to be using the phrase in a general sense and not specifically just to you but as you seem to be the leading protagonist against him and having the user name you do, it seems to good an opportunity to miss.

Quite witty if you like that sort of thing.

It's simply an old and now outdated form of humour.

Nothing more, although it is a massive step up on a seventy year old bloke posting cock and fanny jokes on here - how utterly creepy and decidedly weird is that?

16Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 16:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You almost made it to the end of a post without mentioning Lusty but just couldn't manage it  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 16:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's Nat? I demand answers. I'm going on strike until she explains herself.
I understand this might persuade her to stay away permanently, but it's a chance I'm willing to take.
Hand me my fiddle.

18Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Thu May 26 2022, 16:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:You almost made it to the end of a post without mentioning Lusty but just couldn't manage it  Very Happy

It was too good an opportunity to miss to be able to contrast how one person uses wit and satire and another uses sordidness and (from somebody of all but seventy years of age) sleaziness to showcase their humour on here.

19Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Tue Jun 28 2022, 19:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

20Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Empty Re: Pre-Season 2022/23 Thread Tue Jun 28 2022, 20:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if they will be any better than the cars they used to make? clown

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum