Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Empty OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Thu Jun 16 2022, 18:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Wanderers have secured their first external recruits for the club’s newly-formed ‘B’ team with Nelson Khumbeni and Lynford Sackey both signing up.

Midfielder Khumbeni joins after leaving Norwich City, while Sackey – who can play in a variety of right-sided roles – arrives from Reading.

The pair, who are both 19, will start life with Wanderers as part of the ‘B’ squad introduced this season as a potential stepping stone to the senior squad.

Wanderers have established a strong home-grown core with the five new first-year professionals likely to be involved – along with the likes of Adam Senior, Finlay Lockett and Luke Hutchinson – under the guidance of coach Matt Craddock and player-coach Andrew Tutte.

That will be strengthened by promising young talent targeted from elsewhere, with the chance for young players to make a mark in the ‘B’ side in the Central League and hand-picked friendly fixtures and potentially progress to the first-team ranks.

They will include Sackey (above) and Khuembi, who will report for the start of pre-season training with Craddock’s squad next week.

The pacy Sackey, who has played as a full-back and in a more attacking right-sided position, progressed through the Academy system at Reading to earn a professional deal with the Championship club.

A regular for the U23 side, he also made two first-team appearances for the Royals, including a full debut in the EFL Cup last season.

“Reading have done a lot for me but I’m glad this opportunity has come,” said Sackey.

“I’m really looking forward to it. I had some interest elsewhere but I felt plan-wise and ethics-wise here was the perfect place for me to come to and I’m really glad Bolton have given me the opportunity to come here.

“Some of the staff at Reading talked to me about Bolton and it’s a good place to be at the moment.

“I’m looking forward to being part of the journey and going up and up.”

OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Nelson-scarf

Khumbeni (above) had been at Norwich since the age of eight and impressed during training and a trial game at Wanderers at the end of last season.

A technical, defensive midfield player comfortable in possession, he is now looking to take the next career step with Wanderers.

“Norwich has been a good place to develop and learn my craft and I’m looking forward to kicking on here at Bolton to grow as a person and grow as a player,” said Khumbeni, who made the first of three EFL Trophy appearances for the Canaries as a 17-year-old and also featured regularly in Premier League 2 with Norwich’s U23s.

“Being at a place for so long, you maybe need a change of environment in order to improve and realise this is what you’d like to do.

“I came over here and loved everything I’ve seen. The stadium is amazing, the training ground is a good place to improve as a player and everyone has been welcoming.

“A lot of young players have had a chance here with the manager trusting them and putting a lot of faith in them.

“The team is trying to go onwards and upwards and it’s probably the best time for me coming here.”

2OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Empty Re: OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Fri Jun 17 2022, 14:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Empty Re: OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Fri Jun 17 2022, 14:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems to be shaping up nicely with all these signings added to the lads who signed their first pro contracts.

4OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Empty Re: OFFICIAL - B Team Sgnings Sat Jun 18 2022, 10:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Seems to be shaping up nicely with all these signings added to the lads who signed their first pro contracts.
There don't seem to be any that don't have the potential to grow into decent players - which would be great after donkey's years of getting a fairly low return on the development squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum