Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ifollow Revenue

+5
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Ifollow Revenue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ifollow Revenue Tue Jul 05 2022, 15:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

EFL clubs vote to 'expand iFollow streaming service' for 2022/23 season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

EFL clubs have reportedly voted to “expand the iFollow streaming service” for the upcoming campaign.

Clubs in the Championship, League One and League Two voted in favour of the change at the League’s annual general meeting, according to inews.

Matches during the winter World Cup will now be streamed along with midweek and Bank Holiday fixtures.

Papa John’s Trophy ties and games during international breaks will also be streamed, as well as any rearranged fixtures which fall in midweek or on a free Saturday.

The Saturday 3pm blackout has been retained for a further season outside of the international window.

Current rules prevent matches from being shown on television and iFollow between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday.

However, these measures were temporarily relaxed during the 2020/21 campaign when all games were played behind closed doors due to the pandemic.

There is said to be increasing belief that the blackout rule will change in the near future – potentially as early as 2024/25.

Fans currently pay £10 per game to watch live via iFollow, while commentary is also available for games that are not being streamed.

Accrington Stanley chairman Andy Holt recently made the headlines, describing iFollow as a “deliberately flawed concept”.

Holt wrote a letter to EFL chairman Rick Parry, claiming: “Currently the EFL is taking away match day income and taking away our streams against our wishes and allowing others to sell them on for their private gain. I do not know how anyone at the EFL can argue this is right or just.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Ifollow Revenue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ifollow Revenue Tue Jul 05 2022, 16:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should rename it 'shitfanfollow'.

23Ifollow Revenue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ifollow Revenue Tue Jul 05 2022, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting but i will still be going to Saturday games when i can but nice to know there may be an option to watch if needed. 

It will be interesting to see if they do abandon the 3pm blackout and what that does to attendances.

24Ifollow Revenue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ifollow Revenue Tue Jul 05 2022, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:They should rename it 'shitfanfollow'.
Right up my street then eh?  Very Happy

25Ifollow Revenue - Page 2 Empty Re: Ifollow Revenue Tue Jul 05 2022, 22:57

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He might remind me a bit of Joe Maplin, but I rather approve of Andy Holt's plain speaking even though I do like iFollow. It makes a nice change from the 'spin merchants'.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum