Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conor Bradley eager for first taste of League One ahead of Ipswich opener

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Conor Bradley eager for first taste of League One ahead of Ipswich opener 13946025

Conor Bradley says he “couldn’t have thought of a better place to come” than Wanderers ahead of the new season.

The Northern Ireland international is preparing for his first taste of League One after leaving Liverpool in search of regular playing time.

Bradley admits it was “a big decision” to head out on loan but believes Bolton is the perfect place to continue his development.

“It probably was a big decision but it was one I felt I needed,” he said. “I wanted to get out and play first team football. I couldn’t have thought of a better place to come to be honest.

“The way Ian (Evatt) is, the way he wants to play football and just all the lads have been great as well, so it’s been perfect so far and hopefully it keeps going that way.”

“The way Ian is trying to do it, the way he wants to press, the way he wants to keep the ball – there are definitely similarities (to Liverpool) there and it’s really good.”

Bradley linked up with the squad following their return from Portugal and played at the UniBol for the first time against Huddersfield at the weekend.

The 19-year-old is eager to get started and is optimistic that the Whites can have a successful season in League One.

He added: “I’ve really enjoyed pre-season. It’s been a good start and we’ve had some good tests in pre-season.

“I’ve been training with the lads and getting to know them and getting to know what Ian wants and how he wants to play. It’s been really good.

“Everyone is pushing for promotion and we’re all eager to get it, and we’re all going to give everything we can to try and get that. We know there’s a bit of expectation but we’re all ready for it.”

Despite his youth, Bradley has already made several appearances for the Liverpool first team and even featured in a Champions League match against AC Milan back in December.

The youngster has also earned eight caps for Northern Ireland, having made his international debut in a friendly against Malta last summer.

Bradley knows the coming season will be very different to what he is used to but isn’t shying away from the challenge.

“I just want to play as many games as I can, just enjoy my football and gain that experience of playing in League One and playing for a massive club like Bolton,” he explained.

“That will help me a bit having a bit of experience of playing with the Liverpool first team, but obviously this is a different league and different things are expected of you.

“It will take me time to learn that as well, but I just can’t wait to get started and see what it’s like.”

It has been a whirlwind year for Bradley, who was thrown in at the deep end both for Liverpool and on the international stage.

The wing-back has ambitions of rivalling Trent Alexander-Arnold for a place in Jurgen Klopp’s side in the long term.

But Bolton is Bradley’s sole focus right now and he says everyone at Liverpool felt a loan move would be good for his career.

“The past 12 months has been unbelievable to be fair. I would never have expected it, but I’m just looking to kick on this next 12 months and hopefully do loads of big things,” he added.

“Everyone at the club had the same sort of feeling, ‘Just go and enjoy your football. Get as many games under your belt as you can and try to do as best as you can’.

“Obviously, I still want to try to rival Trent. I know it is going to be difficult because he is unbelievable.

“But I just want to keep working hard, keep doing what I am doing and hopefully good things will come.”

Bradley was initially a top target for Wanderers in January but the club was unable to get the deal done at the time.

“He gave me loads of confidence when I first spoke to the manager - how much he wanted me to play for Bolton and the stuff he said that I can do well, and the way I can fit into his system,” said the wing-back.

“I know I am not the complete package yet, but I am willing to learn and improve. I know it is going to be difficult but I feel like I am ready.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum