Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its a mans game!

+3
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Norpig
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Its a mans game! Empty Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 10:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Souness is in trouble with the woke brigade for having the temerity to describe a game between 22 men as a mans game! Its all been taken out of context as well as he was referring to the fact that referee's are letting more go this season and allowing more tackling.

Anyone else fed up with all this bollocks? Yes the women winning the Euro's was great and rightly lauded for it but we can't even have a man of the match now, it has to be a player of the match  Rolling Eyes

2Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 10:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I see Souness is in trouble with the woke brigade for having the temerity to describe a game between 22 men as a mans game! Its all been taken out of context as well as he was referring to the fact that referee's are letting more go this season and allowing more tackling.

Anyone else fed up with all this bollocks? Yes the women winning the Euro's was great and rightly lauded for it but we can't even have a man of the match now, it has to be a player of the match  Rolling Eyes
Maybe we'll have to go the NFL route, and have an MVP.

3Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 10:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I agree entirely, I almost started a thread on this myself yesterday but thought my usual wums would use it as a pop at me rather than what was said.

Football is a 'mans game' - in the sense it is more enjoyable because of the power, athleticism, speed, aggression, competitiveness and dare I say testosterone, that biologically males have and females don't!

It is physically an entirely different game than that of women's football, which they simply and biologically can not match.

Fair play to anyone who prefers the women's game but it isn't for me and no matter how much hyping of it people may do, there really isn't that much of a commercial market for it (don't you think Sharon for instance would be all over this, setting up a BWFC ladies team, etc, if it at least would cover its own costs?  Don't you think ALL the other league clubs would too?).

Women's football is more of a family day out and as such may be better suited if it wanted to capitalise on the recent Euro 2022 popularity to have their season during summertime and not compete with the men's season.

Can't see that happening though.

4Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:16

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

Maybe we'll have to go the NFL route, and have an MVP.

I confess I had to look up what an MVP was, Boncey. I thought it might be summat to do with blood tests or an acronym for one of these things.

Its a mans game! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH93tKGd6wtw0O2BZZ-Yl5ogpI0Umqw01puipCvXsYD-XfGHSe7GLGdzQzWs4vmmGE7lI&usqp=CAU

Anyroad if some women's football team wanted a brilliant football stadium of their own they could make Sharon an offer. The Reebok only cost FV £3million. At least that's what the audited accounts say. ..dunno.. ..dunno.. ..dunno.. ..dunno..

5Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're talking about hair pulling this morning on talkSport. It's a mans game. Really?

6Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a mans game! Z

7Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 11:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It certainly is a man's game.

8Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Souness knew how to tackle back in the day  Very Happy

9Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best scrap at a match i saw was the Andy Todd vs Collymore one, proper stand up punch up  Very Happy

11Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 12:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crikey! Shocked Very Happy

12Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 13:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:The best scrap at a match i saw was the Andy Todd vs Collymore one, proper stand up punch up  Very Happy

Fair play to Todd (who was a bit of a hardman - rumour had it that he landed one on Phil Brown and broke his jaw!) as Collymore back then was seen to be a bully on the field - clearly no matter how hard folks think they are themselves there's always someone out there who are more than a match for them...

Its a mans game! Cs_IMJUWYAEDe_S?format=jpg&name=360x360

He was certainly no respecter of women either...

Its a mans game! Cs_IMAWXYAAb9ct?format=jpg&name=large

13Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andy Todd broke Sunbeds jaw didn't he? That's why we had to get rid of him i think?

14Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 13:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Matt Glennon on Andy Todd breaking Phil Brown's jaw.

15Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 14:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never liked Collymore after he knocked his Mrs about.

Didn’t he go on TV for sympathy about him apparently trying to kill himself at some point?

16Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What does Souness mean by "it's a man's game"? Which man is he talking about?

Does he mean "a proper man" who kicks people from behind, commits dirty fouls when he's beat, tackles with two feet to protect himself and squares up to opponents in a place where there's no chance of a real fight? Because that's what I call a coward - which is exactly what Souness was.

No Souness - it's not a man's game because "real men" don't act like dickheads.

17Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:What does Souness mean by "it's a man's game"? Which man is he talking about?

Does he mean "a proper man" who kicks people from behind, commits dirty fouls when he's beat, tackles with two feet to protect himself and squares up to opponents in a place where there's no chance of a real fight? Because that's what I call a coward - which is exactly what Souness was.

He means men who can whistle with their fingers. (See my own personal thread).

I think I might join that manliness site. Although.............

Its a mans game! Dangerous-Images-1

18Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 15:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
He means men who can whistle with their fingers. (See my own personal thread).

I think I might join that manliness site. Although.............

Its a mans game! Dangerous-Images-1
Whistling with your fingers is easy as 1-2-3

1. Position your thumb, first and second fingers in a loose triangle
2. Pick up a whistle with them
3. Blow the whistle

Job done.

19Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Tue Aug 16 2022, 16:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:What does Souness mean by "it's a man's game"? Which man is he talking about?

Are you excluding yourself from your own definition...?

20Its a mans game! Empty Re: Its a mans game! Wed Aug 17 2022, 02:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Are you excluding yourself from your own definition...?
I'll use a lifeline and ask an expert. What do you think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum