Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plymouth boss Steven Schumacher's admission after Wanderers victory

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plymouth boss Steven Schumacher's admission after Wanderers victory 13569731

Plymouth boss Steven Schumacher admits his side’s 2-0 win against Wanderers could have been very different had it not been for a super save by Michael Cooper.

The goalkeeper made a heroic stop to divert Amadou Bakayoko’s close-range effort onto the post during the second half.

Niall Ennis had earlier opened the scoring and Ryan Hardie went on to add a second in the final stages.

Schumacher described his side’s performance as “winning ugly” and hailed “two moments of quality” from his strikers.

"It was a tough game, we knew it was going to be hard. Every time we have played them it has always been difficult. They have been quite tight games,” he told Plymouth Live.

"I think today for us that was probably the definition of winning ugly. We didn't play particularly well with the ball, a bit careless at times with it in possession, and didn't create loads. But thankfully the two strikers have produced two moments of quality and won us the game."

"The game was finely balanced. Just before we got the second goal Michael (Cooper) has produced an unbelievable save.

"Had that gone in, it gets Bolton in the game and you would fancy them to go on and win it then because they would have had the momentum.

"I thought Bolton probably were forced into as many long passes as I have seen them play this season, the way we pressed.

"I don't think it was a great game of football between what we said is two good footballing teams. I think we cancelled each other out a little bit.

"Our performance wasn't great but sometimes you have got to find a way of winning ugly, and that's what we have done."

The result leaves Wanderers 10th in the League One table, having taken eight points from their opening six matches.

Ian Evatt’s men are back in action on Tuesday night when they host Crewe Alexandra in the Papa John Trophy’s (KO 7pm).

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum