Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt 'sick of moral victories' after Plymouth defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt 'sick of moral victories' after Plymouth defeat 14714931

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt says he is “sick of moral victories” following his side’s 2-0 defeat at Plymouth Argyle.

Niall Ennis and Ryan Hardie got on the scoresheet for the Pilgrims either side of half-time at Home Park.

Kieran Lee and Amadou Bakayoko both had big chances, with the Whites in control for large spells but failing to make it count in the final third.

Evatt felt the result was “harsh” but says his side only have themselves to blame for mistakes at both ends of the pitch.

The Bolton chief said: “If you don’t do the basics well enough, take your chances, and defend your goal, you lose games. Simple as that.

“I’m sick of moral victories. I’ve said this last season, I’m sick of it. It’s about winning football matches and they have to have that killer edge, they have to have that instinct.

“It’s okay playing well, great, but we’ve got no points for it so it’s irrelevant.

“To be honest, I’d rather play poorly - at least then we can fix it. But playing well and getting no points just isn’t acceptable.

“We are far better than that and we have to start dominating both boxes better.”

Evatt was disappointed with the way his side “gifted” Plymouth the opening goal and says they should never have been chasing the game.

He added: “I tried not to speak about the goal because we’ve dominated that much that it was just about trying to keep them positive and go again.

“Second half, it’s mostly all us and we just for whatever reason haven’t found that clinical edge and we need to.

“But we’re chasing the game and we shouldn’t be. It should be nil and they should be nervous, and they weren’t because we gifted them a goal. So it’s a vicious circle.”

Wanderers have made four signings so far this summer and the deadline is just a matter of days away.

When asked if there will be any further business, the Bolton boss said: “We’ll see what’s available and what’s out there. We’re always looking to improve.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum