Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-3 Oxford United

+9
terenceanne
Growler
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Cajunboy
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 08:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Oct 29 2022, 16:57; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 09:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I see Lustys over on Oxford's Yellowforum site tipping them off as to how we’ll play? Hope their manager doesn’t read it? 🤐 Let’s hope there is less “tippy tappy” football tomorrow and Evatt learned something from the win against Burton. Hopefully one thing is that the Dion/Kacha pairing up front just isn’t working and Dion in particular needs a rest. Would he be brave enough to give Sadlier a try up front alongside either Bod or Baka, hopefully Bod, or will he stick with the tried and failed? We need something different and Sadlier could be the difference. Will he go with Dapo at left wing back again or pair him up front? Surely against a poor Oxford team, short of front men, we don’t need too defensive a midfield and I’d be tempted to use Dempsey, Morley and Sheehan to start, with Lee to come on for Sheehan after 60 if he’s tiring. We don’t need to shake it up too much but I think a more attacking and enterprising line up against the lower teams would work and create more chances for the strikers to deliver which the current system seems to be denying them. If we do do that I can see us winning comfortably and hopefully by starting with an early goal. So 3-0 to the Whites for me.

3Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Oxford fans - always give me a welcome and by and large they're realistic about their team so we can have a sensible discussion.
Karl Robinson has a touchline ban - and plenty of fans think that's no bad thing Smile
They have a few injuries and a couple of suspensions - I watched Billy Bodin stupidly getting himself sent off last week so that's a bonus for us.
Overall they're a strong, quick, athletic team who try to play the same way as Evatt in many respects although they do break more quickly - yet it could be argued that without Bodin and Taylor they don't have the quality we have (Brown aside) and that could be the difference providing we work as hard as they do.
We know what Karl Robinson's teams are like so providing we approach this with the right attitude we'll be fine but if we concede the first goal again, we could be in trouble.
Over to you to make sure that doesn't happen Mr Evatt....

4Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 11:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem for Evans is he doesn't know his best team. Not entirely his fault to be honest (although he did sign them), as how many of the midfield & attack have had two good games on the trot? None of them.

There seems to be a vicious circle of a player coming on as sub, doing well, starts the next game and plays poorly, so back to the bench for the next game.

However, he should start with Baka, Dapo & Bod as they are the only three who have any idea where the net is. But this is Evans, so who knows what the bingo machine will decide.

5Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 15:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 16:14

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone spotted wanderlust on the Oxford forum, absolutely disgraceful from a so called Bolton fan

7Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 16:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we could only consistently perform at the level that has just won us the last two games then we’d absolutely smash this league. Unfortunately, consistency evades us and is the main reason we lie 11 points behind fucking Plymouth Argyle.

8Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 18:52

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:If we could only consistently perform at the level that has just won us the last two games then we’d absolutely smash this league. Unfortunately, consistency evades us and is the main reason we lie 11 points behind fucking Plymouth Argyle.
Well we gifted them 3 of those points Boggers so I’m expecting us to recover them when we next play them. I must say that I’m surprised they’re where they are but they haven’t had a bad run yet or any notable injuries which is bound to happen at some time. It does though make you even more annoyed about the points wasted at Cheltenham and FGR both games w should have won easily but that’s football I suppose. Let’s just hope that we do see a little more of the urgency shown in the last couple of games but this time hopefully a lot earlier.

9Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Fri Oct 28 2022, 21:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Nat says to go with Baka, Bod and Dapo. But I would like to hear how you go about putting them all in the team together unless you expect a totally new formation?

I don't disagree by the way.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 11:07

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smash them be very one sided

11Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The very informative Oxford fan site has posted a match preview.

"The U's are without Matty Taylor and Billy Bodin who are both suspended for the next two games. Manager Karl Robinson is also subject to a touchline ban after a fourth yellow card of the season. Craig Short, Leon Blackmore-Such and John Mousinho will be in the dug out for the match.
James Henry returns to the squad after injury but the U's will assess one or two knocks picked up in the 1-1 draw at Portsmouth on Tuesday evening including Cameron Brannagan and Marcus Browne.
Sam Baldock, Josh Murphy, Yanic Wildschut and Oisin Smyth are all missing through injury."

Yanic Wildschut eh? There's a rave from the grave Smile

I suspect Brannagan and Browne will be played regardless of carrying a knock as they are two of Oxford's better players and they're a bit thin on the ground squad-wise.

12Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Nat says to go with Baka, Bod and Dapo. But I would like to hear how you go about putting them all in the team together unless you expect a totally new formation?

I don't disagree by the way.

I've said before, cut out all the nonsense and just play a simple 4-4-2 and let the players play football.

Trafford

Jones - Santos - Johnston - Anyone with a left foot

Bradley - Morley - Dempsey - Afolayan

Bod - Bako

No need for holding midfielders at home to Oxford.

13Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 11:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anyone spotted wanderlust on the Oxford forum, absolutely disgraceful from a so called Bolton fan
Only an idiot wouldn't check out the opposition.
To quote Sun Tzu - (and latterly "The Godfather")  - "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".
I'll be on the Cambridge site next week for a quick and dirty SWOT too.

14Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

16Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 14:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kachunga and Charles up top yet again!! What exactly am I missing here?

17Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 15:10

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:Kachunga and Charles up top yet again!! What exactly am I missing here?
Goals.

18Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 15:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson going for 433 makes it interesting at both ends.
First goal crucial.

19Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 15:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Kachunga and Charles up top yet again!! What exactly am I missing here?
On the one hand we need to score first for a change.
On the other Kacha and Charles are our best pressers so we'll have more ball higher up the pitch and soften up their defence.
They just have create a decent chance and convert it before Oxford nick one.

20Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Oxford United Sat Oct 29 2022, 15:28

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
On the one hand we need to score first for a change.
On the other Kacha and Charles are our best pressers so we'll have more ball higher up the pitch and soften up their defence.
They just have create a decent chance and convert it before Oxford nick one.
You were saying?

I don’t want Kacha and Charles pressing Lusty I just want someone who can score a f——-g goal. 😞

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum