Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cambridge boss has no complaints after 'feisty' Bolton stalemate

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cambridge boss has no complaints after 'feisty' Bolton stalemate 16150412

Mark Bonner says his side’s goalless draw against Wanderers was “a feisty affair” – but the Cambridge boss didn’t have any complaints.

Kyle Dempsey was shown a second yellow card 15 minutes from time after he was judged to have brought down Harvey Knibbs.

Referee Darren Drysdale handed out a plethora of bookings throughout the game, with Ian Evatt also cautioned during the final stages.

When asked about the intensity of the game, Bonner said: “That is what you want. Really good atmosphere in the stadium, really good intensity in both teams. I enjoyed that.

“We felt we were getting a lot of fouls in the first half, drawing tackles off of them and getting fouled well which created lots of set-play opportunities.

“(Lewis) Simper’s delivery was outstanding today. We were close to turning something into a goal there, but not quite yet.

“Really pleased with that, I thought it was a really feisty affair. It was a proper game that got the atmosphere going.

“I thought it was as entertaining as 0-0s can come and actually, it was quite an open game in both halves. There was a lot of penalty box action and could have been goals.

“We got lucky with one in the second half where they have headed one just wide. But in the main, I thought we defended well.”

Gethin Jones and Aaron Morley both went close for Wanderers, while James Trafford made a couple of important stops at the other end.

Bonner added: “I thought it was a brilliant 0-0 really and I thought we were probably the more likely to win the game.

“We had some good chances in the second half. I thought Knibbs’ one was a good one that Trafford has made a good save from. And then literally the last kick just before the whistle, I thought we were going to score that one.

“He has got out to him really quickly in fairness, I have just watched it back. It is probably a more difficult chance than it seemed at the time because the goalie is right on top of it.

“But I thought we played really well. I thought our defensive organisation was good. I thought we were very, very competitive in the game.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum