Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finishing in the top six would be proof of progress at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Finishing in the top six would be proof of progress at Wanderers 16180962

Ian Evatt reckons finishing the year in the top six would be undisputed proof of progression at Wanderers.

The Whites can guarantee they enter 2023 in the play-off places by taking four points from their next two games against Derby County and Lincoln City.

Evatt hopes to call on striker Jon Dadi Bodvarsson for the Rams’ visit on Tuesday following the Icelander’s operation on a broken nose.

Levels of expectation are high at the UniBol and though the Whites boss would like to be closer to the automatic promotion spots – currently held by Plymouth Argyle and Ipswich Town some 10 points ahead of the Whites – he feels satisfied that the club is heading in the right direction to finish the season strongly.

“I am never happy,” he said. “But what I’d say is it is progression. The biggest thing is we keep progressing and moving forwards.

“I know there are huge expectations at this football club and it is not unfounded, it is historic. But we are doing things in a different way now.

“You can’t get from A to Z by missing out the rest of the alphabet and I think we are making good strides, and we are making strides in the correct way in my opinion.

“Yes, we want to be in those top two positions - everybody does. There are 23 other teams who want to be there as well.

“Being in the quarter final of a cup competition and being fifth in the table is progression from last season.”

The Whites have lost just one of their last seven matches in all competitions and are starting to build momentum heading into the busy Christmas period.

Evatt’s sides tend to do well after the New Year, and Wanderers will be hoping that trend can continue.

The January transfer window is right around the corner, and the club brought in several new additions 12 months ago including the likes of Dion Charles, Aaron Morley and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Evatt is hopeful they can bolster the squad once again and wants to achieve consistency on the pitch as the Whites aim to keep climbing the table.

He added: “We do feel like there is more to come. I feel like the performances are starting to improve again and we are starting to do the correct things, but consistency is key.

“We have got a big month or so coming up and some big fixtures. Obviously, we want players returning in full health as soon as we possibly can.

“(We have) a transfer window to improve again and we will do that, we have shown that we do that.

“My teams historically have finished strongly, so we are on the right path. We have got work to do but definite progression.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum