Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Bolton Wanderers v Derby County 16214424

Wanderers will bring Kyle Dempsey and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson back into their squad to face Derby County at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Ian Evatt has confirmed the pair have returned to full training after injury and that both will be in consideration for a spot against the Rams.

Dempsey has missed the last four games after limping out of the Papa Johns Trophy victory against Barrow on November 22.

Bodvarsson broke his nose in the 1-1 draw with Bristol Rovers on December 2 but played the following weekend at Shrewsbury Town as he awaited on an operation to ‘re-fix’ the injury.

The Icelander has been forced to scale down heading work or contact in training but should be cleared to play a part on Tuesday.

Lloyd Isgrove has also returned to full training after a minor hamstring injury but could be given more time to get back to full fitness before being included in the squad.

George Thomason (knee) is Wanderers’ only long-term injury. Club captain Ricardo Santos remains unavailable as he recovers from a virus and is hoping to play some part in next month’s visit to Barnsley.

Vice-captain Gethin Jones is also out for the next couple of weeks, which is likely to mean Eoin Toal, Will Aimson and George Johnston will make up the back three for Ian Evatt’s side for the second game running.

Wanderers have also had a few players nursing minor illness but Evatt says he should soon have a bigger pool of players from which to select.

“I have, at times, complained a bit about the headaches I have had trying to pick the team,” he said. “But I won’t be complaining any more considering where we have been in the last few weeks and struggling to get a team out there at all.

“Hopefully as we move towards January and into the New Year we should have people fit and available again, and, of course we have the January window coming up so there is a good chance we will have new players to bring into the group as well.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum