Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Let's do it again!' - Dempsey calls for high energy against Plymouth Argyle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Let's do it again!' - Dempsey calls for high energy against Plymouth Argyle 16320785

Kyle Dempsey hopes Wanderers’ brilliant win at Barnsley can be a benchmark for the rest of the season.

Three points and three goals at Oakwell on Monday put Ian Evatt’s side back into fifth spot in the table, providing perfect preparation for the visit of league leaders Plymouth Argyle this weekend.

Dempsey’s own season has been fragmented by injury and suspension but he hopes a man-of-the-match performance against the Tykes can be the start of a new chapter in his Wanderers career.

“I think all round it was my best performance,” he said. “I have had a stop-start time at Bolton, so for me now it is just about staying fit, working hard in the gym and on the training pitch and just keeping myself going.

“But for the team, I just hope that result can push us on. On our day we have to deliver that kind of performance on a more regular basis.

“This is the kind of moment in the season where we know we have to capitalise, pick as many points up as possible. It is a tough run of fixtures but we have to focus and keep ourselves up there.”

Wanderers have been criticised for making slow starts to games this season but set a good early tempo at Barnsley to put themselves a goal up after just 12 minutes.

Dempsey feels that finding the same aggression and energy against Plymouth on Saturday could be important if the Whites are to get a result.

“I think that was more like us,” he said. “Showing that Intensity from the front, and that is where the two goals came from in the first half.

“The front two were outstanding, didn’t give them a minute. We dominated the game and so once they got the red card it was just about picking our moments.

“It really is consistency. We just need to find a level where we can reproduce it week after week.

“On our day I don’t think there is a team that can beat us but we have to have that day more regularly. We have to focus on the gameplan and deliver it more often over 90 minutes.

“We are a better team when we do that.”

Dempsey capped his own day off by finishing a 19-pass move to score the third goal of the afternoon.

“It was just one of those where the build-up was great, the passing was going well, then as it came to me it was just instinct,” he said. “It fell nicely and then I managed a bit of composure at the end to nutmeg the keeper, so I was buzzing.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum