Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton to bid for Burton Albion striker Adeboyejo?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton to bid for Burton Albion striker Adeboyejo? 16211991

Wanderers are looking to add some experience to their attack by the end of the transfer window.

Just a week remains for Ian Evatt to do business, and yesterday the club were strongly linked with a move for Burton Albion striker Victor Adeboyejo.

Adeboyejo has scored 13 goals for the Brewers this season but is reportedly also on the radar of Championship clubs, including Wigan Athletic.

Evatt insists his club will not deviate from their sensible spending approach but agrees that after losing Jon Dadi Bodvarsson to injury and selling both Dapo Afolayan and Amadou Bakayoko – who will return to the UniBol tonight in Forest Green colours – his forward line needs a boost.

“It is important to get it right – but it isn’t easy, either,” he told The Bolton News.

“The market is the market. Everyone is looking for the same things.

“I spoke to Paul Warne after the game on Saturday and they are trying to sign centre-forwards, and their spending power is a lot greater than ours, but even they are finding it difficult at the moment.

“We will do our best to get it right. I do think we need an experienced head, someone that knows how to play the position, someone that has a history of goalscoring and someone who I think can help some of our younger players.”

Evatt has called for a reaction from his players against Forest Green tonight, having watched them toil in defeat at Derby County on Saturday.

“The one point I think we need to improve on from Saturday is getting used to playing in those big games,” he said. “Sometimes we don’t play with the same free spirit in the bigger games as we do against the smaller teams, we are not as courageous with the ball, we go a bit too safe, and that isn’t us.

“We need to back ourselves to be good against every sort of team, top, middle and bottom, so that is the main thing I take away from the weekend.”

Wanderers have won one, drawn four and lost three of their eight meetings with other clubs in the top six this season. Evatt feels some of their performances have warranted more but he feels the club is still moving in the right direction.

“We haven’t won enough,” he said. “But I believe the performance against Plymouth was enough to have won the game, so was the one against Derby at home. Plymouth away still hurts me as well because we did a lot right in that game.

“We need to be better but I do think we are in a position of strength at the moment. We are fifth in the league and in the semi-final of the cup, maybe we should manage our expectations a little bit?

“We are still a team that is recently promoted out of League Two and we are still a team that is improving and evolving. We are not spending £10million-plus like all these other teams.

“For us it is about progress and development. Saturday was a 2-1 defeat away from home and it wasn’t a great performance but it isn’t the end of the road, or the end of the journey.

“I know there is a lot more to come from these players and we will always work with them to find improvement.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum