Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt calls for patience with new signings

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt calls for patience with new signings 16388096

Ian Evatt hopes Randell Williams can build on his first Wanderers goal and show “what he is all about”.

Williams’ start to life at Bolton has been affected by injury, but he was on target in the 5-0 win against MK Dons in midweek.

Declan John has impressed at wing-back in his absence, making the most of his opportunities since returning to the side.

Evatt is confident Williams can be effective for the Whites but says it will take time to get used to a new way of working.

“We know what he’s about, we have done lots of research and diligence on him,” he told The Bolton News. “Sometimes coming from one club to another is not easy, especially mid-season.

“The way we do things is completely different to the way he has been doing things, and sometimes you can pick up knocks and niggles because of the difference in intensity. I think that has been the case with Randell.

“But Declan has been doing really well. We have got other options that we’ve used there as well, Gethin (Jones) et cetera.

“We have got the option to make sure he is fully up to speed before he goes back in because the last thing we want is to break him down again.”

Victor Adeboyejo has also made a handful of appearances since his move from Burton in the January window.

The forward came close to opening his Bolton account against MK Dons but was denied by a fine stop by Jamie Cumming.

“He is still getting used to us and we can’t put too much pressure on him so early on. He just needs to relax, naturally in this team he will get chances,” Evatt added.

“We will create chances for him and he just needs to relax and wait for those opportunities, and when he gets them I’m sure he will take them.

“'Just enjoy it' is what I would say to him. He has come into a team where he will get a lot of the ball and get a lot of opportunities.

“We will appreciate what he brings to the table as well. He has settled in really well, as they all have, and I think there is loads more to come from him.”

The Bolton squad has changes significantly since their last trip to Adams Park back in November 2021.

“I think we have come a long way,” Evatt explained. “Sometimes because we are in football and we are always looking for the next challenge and the next success story, I think we lost sight of what has already been achieved. I think what we have already achieved is great.

“We always want more and we a reworking really hard to try and get more for this club, but thinking about days like that and going back there now a completely different team – a team that has evolved and improved – it is something to be very proud of.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Patience? They get 20 minutes to impress me. If they don't manage that they are shite and will remain so until they leave.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum