Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton could be missing key pair in Accrington Stanley semi-final

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton could be missing key pair in Accrington Stanley semi-final 16471182

Wanderers could be without Gethin Jones and Kyle Dempsey for their Papa Johns Trophy semi-final against Accrington Stanley on Wednesday night.

The pair picked up injuries in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Wycombe and now look doubtful for the knockout clash at the Wham Stadium.

Jones had been selected as a left wing-back at Adams Park, replacing Declan John, but was subbed at half time.

Evatt explained: “Gethin Jones has a slight hamstring injury and Kyle has rolled his ankle.

“We chose Geth there because we knew what was coming, just a bombardment of long balls, especially against the wind, we knew how much they would attack with the long diagonal balls in behind. And we thought the biggest back five we could pick would deal with it, and we did, with the exception of one short set play.”

Evatt expects a similarly physical battle at Accrington, where the winners will go through to a Wembley final against either Plymouth Argyle or Cheltenham Town.

The club dropped to fourth spot as a result of the defeat at Wycombe but he believes there will still be plenty of twists and turns in the promotion race yet.

“It is a great game to have on Wednesday,” he said. “It will be similar to today so we have to react and respond, show everybody what a good team we are.

“It is disappointing, of course. And people can get carried away, the weight of expectancy, but we know what we are, we are a good team. Today’s result has gone against us but last week we won and other teams didn’t pick up results - it is going to be like that for the rest of the season.”

Evatt felt the timing of Lewis Wing’s goal was pivotal in Saturday’s game, which ended a five-match winning streak.

“I am upset because it is a set play and we had warned against it,” he said. “The timing of the goal – 45 plus eight, I think – if we had got in to half time against the wind and still be 0-0, it would have been a real positive because then you can get a head of steam up.

“But here is a really hard place to go behind because they manage the games the way they do. Whether it is right or wrong, I don’t know, I certainly don’t believe in it. There is no right or wrong in football it is the way the club decides to play and if that is their choice then well done to them, they won today.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum