Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Accrington 0-2 Bolton (Papa Johns Trophy)

+6
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
Whitesince63
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was once the highlight of the lower league calendar, but since the EFL introduced U21 sides into the competition it has become a lame duck. An absolute disgrace.

I have absolutely no interest in Wednesday's match whatsoever. I'd rather spend 90 minutes listening to Bonce talk me through his slipper collection.

Do you care about this game?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No (and yes!).

I agree it has no interest for me but it would be nice for the club to have a day out at Wembley - and it would be good to actually win something - even this Micky Mouse Cup.

I always want the club to win, no matter what, I guess.

So for me personally - no interest...

...for me as a life long Bolton fan - a win please and a day out at Wembley for the fans.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Little to no interest for me. Let the kids have a go instead of sacrificing league points and jeopardizing a potential playoff spot. I’m not happy with Evatt after his Wycombe blunders.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What a miserable lot you are. We’re in the semi final of a competition with a potential Wembley visit so how can you not be at least interested in that? Clearly you’re out of step with the majority as the 2,800 Accy tickets sold out in an hour and that’s on top of those fans getting tickets in the home end. I know it’s not the FA or League cup but come on, it’s a competition and we can win it so back off the snobbery that the cups below us and embrace the fact that our clubs here at all and can actually win something, which is great for the owners, great for “real” fans and brilliant for the players who may never get another chance to play there. Cheer up guys 🤗😉

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It brings some publicity and raises the status of the club - albeit only slightly - ever little bit helps. As far as attracting new players and whatever windfall is involved. So may as well go ahead and win the dam thing now IMO.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:What a miserable lot you are. We’re in the semi final of a competition with a potential Wembley visit so how can you not be at least interested in that? Clearly you’re out of step with the majority as the 2,800 Accy tickets sold out in an hour and that’s on top of those fans getting tickets in the home end. I know it’s not the FA or League cup but come on, it’s a competition and we can win it so back off the snobbery that the cups below us and embrace the fact that our clubs here at all and can actually win something, which is great for the owners, great for “real” fans and brilliant for the players who may never get another chance to play there. Cheer up guys 🤗😉

It's called having morals. I am against this competition because it is the first step towards Premier League clubs having B-teams in the Football League pyramid. I'm not going against my principles just to have a day out in Accrington or London.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

It's called having morals. I am against this competition because it is the first step towards Premier League clubs having B-teams in the Football League pyramid. I'm not going against my principles just to have a day out in Accrington or London.
That’s fair enough Nat. I don’t think any of us are exactly happy with PL teams being involved, it seems to completely go against the spirit and whole point of the competition but it is what it is and so until it changes, if it does, I’ll just have to suck it up and support my team. 😉

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live!

The game is tomorrow mate!

Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Shite! I wondered why BoltonFM were going on about wrestling! Laughing

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

Shite! I wondered why BoltonFM were going on about wrestling! Laughing

Laughing

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I'm up for the cup.. Just about to order my match pass on sky!

The involvement of PL teams doesn't diminish the competition in my eyes. We still have to beat all the EFL clubs in addition to the PL clubs.

Its a good competition for us to have a cup run and a realistic chance at silverware by beating teams on our own level. A league one team is never going to win the FA Cup.

This is our cup. And we are in with a chance of winning it. Get behind us you bell ends !

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will be washing my hair in just over an hour.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The game is tonight right? Laughing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:The game is tonight right? Laughing

No, I'm looking forward to the wrestling.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:The game is tonight right? Laughing

No, I'm looking forward to the wrestling.
:rofl:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers left it late to book a Wembley date with Plymouth Argyle in the Papa Johns Trophy Final.

Wanderers overcame Accrington Stanley 2-0 at the Wham Stadium after the hosts were forced to play more than an hour with ten men after Sean McConville's early red card.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Bolton players celebrate with goalscorer Elias Kachunga

Elias Kachunga and Aaron Morley struck in the closing stages to decide the semi-final for the 1989 winners.

100 years on from their first, Bolton booked their 14th Wembley showpiece, while Stanley's wait to visit the national stadium goes on.

Wanderers meeting with Argyle - shootout winners against Cheltenham Town on Tuesday - on Sunday, 2 April will be their first at Wembley since 2011 when they were humbled 5-0 by Stoke City in their FA Cup semi-final.

Bolton keeper James Trafford held an early strike from McConville while Lukas Jensen denied 17-goal Dion Charles with his leg when clean through at the other end.

McConville received a straight red card on 22 minutes after a knee-high challenge on Conor Bradley - the sixth red card of the 33-year-old's career on his 425th Stanley appearance.

Aaron Pressley and Liam Coyle were also booked for fouls on Bradley, with Coyle's yellow card his 16th of the season.

Bradley saw a shot blocked and fired another effort off-target as Bolton pressed, while Kachunga slid the ball wide and Josh Sheehan fired over before the interval.

On-loan Manchester City and England Under-21 keeper Trafford raced out of his area and collided with Coyle on 50 minutes, earning himself a caution, while Coyle fell awkwardly and left on a stretcher after an eight-minute stoppage.

Charles had a goal chalked off for offside just before the hour and Kieran Lee clipped a close-range effort past the post with the goal at his mercy moments later.

In the space of four seconds Charles thudded the post, Jensen instinctively denied Declan John's follow-up, and then Charles rattled the bar from the rebound as the Reds goal led a charmed life.

The breakthrough eventually came eight minutes from time when Kachunga pounced on a slip from Rosaire Longelo in the box to lash high past Jensen and send the travelling army of Bolton fans wild.

The result was put beyond doubt two minutes later when Morley superbly fired in off the post from 20 yards after Stanley had only half-cleared their lines.

Trafford denied Pressley in the closing stages but Bolton kept their 12th clean sheet in 16 matches.

Along with Accrington, Hartlepool and Crawley are the only other EFL clubs never to have played at Wembley.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum