Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt hails 'quality' Aaron Morley after Accrington stunner

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt hails 'quality' Aaron Morley after Accrington stunner 16484986

Ian Evatt labelled Aaron Morley a “quality player” after the midfielder’s stunning strike helped Wanderers overcome Accrington in the Papa Johns semi-final.

Morley beat Lukas Jensen with a stunning strike from well outside the penalty area as the Whites secured a Wembley final against Plymouth.

The hosts had earlier been reduced to 10 men after Sean McConville was sent off for a reckless challenge on Conor Bradley, before Elias Kachunga opened the scoring from close range.

“(Aaron) is capable of that,” said Evatt. “We spoke at half time about how sometimes we don’t have to get into the box, we can prepare and shoot from outside the box.

“But we needed to be in the right positions – especially Aaron and Josh Sheehan, who can shoot from distance.

“If we got them on the edge of the box and cut back for those shots, we knew it would really help us. Aaron is a quality player.”

Gethin Jones and Randell Williams were brought on during the second half, and Evatt felt they could be effective in the wide areas.

He added: “Declan (John) had given us a lot and made a lot of runs, and Luke (Mbete) isn’t used to that underlap, overlap.

“At Man City, you build from the back and you keep your structure and positions, but sometimes the overloads for us are wide and Geth does that really well.

“So I thought if we could get Geth overlapping and underlapping and creating that overload out wide, it would help us.

“Randell gives us some extra speed and energy. I am so proud for so many people, so pleased. From where we have come from it is very, very special.”

Liam Coyle was stretchered off following a clash of heads with James Trafford early in the second half.

The Bolton boss is hopeful that Coyle can make a swift recovery but felt criticism aimed at Trafford was unfair.

“I didn’t think there was anything in that,” the manager explained. “I thought it was a harsh yellow card to be honest.

“He has won the header and it is just an awful clash of heads. I really hope Coyle is okay and recovering.

“It was a nasty clash and it is really important that he keeps his health. Fingers crossed for him.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum