Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall ban teenage fan for abusing Sordell

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't remember seeing this story mentioned earlier - forgive me if it already as -

Millwall have banned a 13-year-old boy after he admitted verbally abusing Bolton forward Marvin Sordell.

Sordell said he had been racially abused during Wanderers' defeat at the New Den on 6 October.

Millwall said they would exclude the teenager for "the foreseeable future" but would not impose a life ban.

He has instead been offered a place on a club educational programme "in the hope that we can change his outlook on equality, racism and life".

The south London club confirmed the boy had written a letter of apology to Sordell, which the England Under-21 international had accepted.

Millwall added: "It is our hope that all of us within football, including governing bodies, clubs, players, fans and the media can continue to work together to build on the progress that has been made over many years in effectively tackling the issue of racism in our game."

The 21-year-old former Watford striker, who was part of the Great Britain football squad at London 2012, was an unused substitute in the Championship match which Millwall won 2-1.

A Bolton spokesman added: "Following the conclusion of the investigation, Bolton Wanderers would like to thank the FA and Millwall for their co-operation and assistance in responding to the events at The Den.

"Marvin Sordell would like to thank the FA, the PFA and Kick it Out for their support, and Millwall for the way in which they dealt with this."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair enough I say.

Millwall look good, Sordell looks good and the boy has apologised and has chance to redeem himself.

And nobody died.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought this was made up to cover up a bad performance?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought this was made up to cover up a bad performance?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He asked Sordell if he smelled apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum