Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Moore on Bolton draw and Dion Charles penalty shout

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Moore on Bolton draw and Dion Charles penalty shout 16572061

Sheffield Wednesday boss Darren Moore felt referee Sam Purkiss made the right call not to award Dion Charles a penalty during his side’s 1-1 draw against Wanderers.

The Northern Ireland international’s appeals were waved away after tangling with Aden Flint in the box during the second half.

The hosts had earlier gone in front when Lee Gregory’s deflected strike from inside the box found a way past James Trafford.

But the Whites hit back through Victor Adeboyejo nine minutes before the break, tucking home after a neat move down the right wing. The forward has now scored twice since joining from Burton in the January window.

Moore told Yorkshire Live: “There’s not an actual coming together. If you look at it, Flinty doesn’t touch him. I’d say it’s not a penalty but Ian will probably say the opposite.”

The result sees the Owls extend their unbeaten run to 23 matches, while Wanderers maintain their place in the top six.

Moore added: “It was how I thought it was going to play out really in terms of two good footballing teams.

“I thought on the balance of the play we had more goal mouth action and could have probably gone in at half time a couple of goals to the good, just getting the wrong contact on it.

“We went in all square and then second half, again we had a couple of chances but the game just petered out. Both teams were trading blows but nobody fell to the canvas.

“I thought it was a good game. There was plenty of action in the middle of the pitch, a couple of flashes across the face of their goal and a couple of half-efforts.

“There wasn’t really much goal action at our end so it is testament to the boys. We’re obviously disappointed with the goal we conceded, a deflected shot.”

Wanderers now have a two-week break before their highly anticipated Wembley final against Plymouth.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum