Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers midfielder MJ raring to go after return from injury

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers midfielder MJ raring to go after return from injury 16425881

MJ Williams is feeling back to his best ahead of the Papa Johns Trophy final against Plymouth this weekend.

The midfielder recently returned to action following a spell out of action with a knee injury, playing 85 minutes for the B Team in a 3-2 defeat at Burnley Under-21s.

Williams’ last first-team appearance came in the 1-0 win against Forest Green back in January, and the former Liverpool youngster is eager to make an impact heading into the business end of the campaign.

“I feel a lot better, a lot sharper. I am feeling fit and the Burnley game was brilliant for me to get a few minutes under my belt,” he told The Bolton News.

“I have been training really well and I am looking forward to the end of the season now, to push the team and help out as much as I can. Hopefully, we can have a great finish now.”

The Whites drew 1-1 at Sheffield Wednesday in their last outing, with Victor Adeboyejo getting on the scoresheet.

Williams reckons they can take a lot of encouragement from their performance at Hillsborough ahead of Sunday’s final.

“At Sheffield Wednesday, we knew it was going to be a tough game but I thought we dominated really,” he added.

“Obviously, we went a goal down but I think after that we regroup and played absolutely brilliantly. That can only benefit us now.

“We know how good we are, it is just consistently putting on those performances and I’m sure we will be a match for anyone.”

The midfielder was speaking at an event hosted by Bolton Wanderers in the Community to offer inclusive competition for school pupils in the local area.

Williams took time out of his busy schedule to present the children with medals and pose for pictures at the Bolton Arena.

He has witnessed first-hand what the club means to the town since and is keen to give supporters something to celebrate this weekend.

The 27-year-old said: “It’s amazing. Ever since I’ve been at this club, we have had so many things for the community to come down and do. It is great to come and help out. You could see the smiles on the kids’ faces.

“This has all come from when Sharon (Brittan) came in. She has brought everyone together and it will only benefit the club.”

He added: “You see how many tickets we have already sold for the final, which is amazing. We are all looking forward to that game come Sunday.

“We are preparing well and just to come out through the week and see the kids, they are all talking about the game and everyone knows about it.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Injured player wants to get playing again.

Incredible.

My life is better for knowing this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum