Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEAM NEWS: Evatt shares bleak injury update ahead of Oxford trip

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TEAM NEWS: Evatt shares bleak injury update ahead of Oxford trip 15945313

Wanderers are down to the bare bones ahead of Saturday’s League One clash with Oxford at the Kassam Stadium.

The Whites were already without defensive pair Ricardo Santos and Eoin Toal, who both picked up injuries against Plymouth at Wembley.

Ian Evatt has now revealed that a couple other unnamed players are dealing with injury problems heading into the final run-in.

The Bolton boss said: “We are going through a pretty rough spell, but I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.

“We can do two things - we can sit and feel sorry for ourselves or we can roll up our sleeves and give it our best shot. I think we are all built to choose option two.

“We haven’t got any choice with that. We have obviously lost some key players – two in the defensive area last week. But we were a minute away from keeping two clean sheets over the Easter weekend so things aren’t all bad. We have still got some pretty good players!”

He added: “The joys of Wembley came at a sacrifice – Eoin and Rico’s injuries both on the back of what was a really good performance but as I said, we have got a good squad of players.

“At this stage of the season it is the result that is all important and for us now, it is using what we have and then finding a solution to win. If that means we have to outscore the opposition then we have to outscore the opposition.

“But I will refer back to our record without Rico. It is pretty good and the players we have got are more than capable of doing the job that is required.”

With six games to go, Evatt’s men sit in the play-off places but are only above seventh-place Derby on goal difference.

The Bolton boss insists it is important to keep their destiny in their own hands but admits their current injury situation is far from ideal.

“I still think we are in the best position – it is in our own hands and we have that extra game, which is a home game,” the manager explained. “I think we are a tough team to beat here. But it is tight and we need results.

“Obviously, there is pressure and in an ideal world – with everyone fit and available – I think we would all be pretty confident that we would get the job done.

“We are not in that position, everyone keeps telling me that Bolton Wanderers never do things easily.

“We went against the grain at Wembley! Hopefully, we can do the same thing now in the last six games.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum