Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elias Kachunga on Fleetwood win and thriving under pressure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Elias Kachunga on Fleetwood win and thriving under pressure 16725215

Elias Kachunga reckons Wanderers are thriving under pressure following their win against Fleetwood at the UniBol.

The stakes were high against the Cod Army, especially after Tuesday night’s defeat against Accrington.

But the Whites delivered a professional performance to take all three points and secure a play-off spot.

“Obviously, it was disappointing to lose the (Accrington) game. It gave us a bit more pressure,” said Kachunga.

“But this season we have proved before that when we are under pressure, we can show good performances.

“It was important to score the first goal and then we didn’t really give them anything. In previous games, we have maybe been too deep after we have gone in front.

“Then the red card helped us as well. I think everyone played really well and it gives everyone a good feeling to look forward to the next games.”

The conditions were far from easy and Wanderers had to tweak their gameplan following a torrential downpour in Horwich.

“It was a bit of a shock in the first half but I know English football. I’ve had this before at Huddersfield, sometimes the weather changed four times in a game,” the forward grinned.

“We have to play to the conditions. We saw the pitch was wet and adjusted to play quicker and forward more.

“I think it was a learning step for this young group to adjust to different situations in games.

“We are really pleased with the performance. It was a good win for us and we are happy to be in the play-offs.”

The game threatened to boil over at times during the second half, but Kachunga was pleased with how the Bolton squad kept cool heads.

“We have a young group but last season, I think it helped us to have a year in this league,” he explained.

“We have to adapt to different situations, and I think we improved and didn’t get drawn into little fights.

“Fleetwood didn’t really have anything to play for but came here to make it difficult for us. We had to keep our heads cool and just play our game.”

The former Huddersfield man has had to be patient in recent weeks, with Victor Adeboyejo and Dan Nlundulu getting opportunities from the start.

But Kachunga made the most of his chance against Fleetwood, causing the backline plenty of problems.

The 31-year-old appeared to claim the opener but it was later awarded as a Promise Omochere own goal.

“I haven’t seen it back, I was just happy when I saw the ball cross the line,” he smiled. “If it is my goal then I am happy, but if not it was just important to get the win.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum