Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers still have three-year plan, says manager Ian Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers still have three-year plan, says manager Ian Evatt 16729952

Ian Evatt has promised supporters that his side would be pulling out all the stops to secure promotion this season.

After ensuring a play-off spot with victory against Fleetwood Town, the Bolton boss addressed a packed-out awards dinner in the Premier Suite on Saturday night.

Evatt had promised a push for the top six when he spoke on the same stage 12 months earlier and hopes he can again make good on his promise.

“I stood here having finished ninth last season feeling pretty annoyed, really,” he said. “There had been clear progression from our League Two season but really I had thought we should be competing at the top end of this division.

“Thankfully this season we have managed to achieve that, alongside the Papa Johns Trophy victory which was an amazing day – I am so proud myself, my staff and players were able to deliver that all for you on a special day.

“Obviously we have achieved objective one by reaching the play-offs but by no means is that the end, nor will there be pats on the back. There will be full focus on getting back to the Championship where three years ago I stood with Sharon and said that would be the plan. It is still very much on target, and we will do all we can to make sure we get there this season.”

Evatt paid tribute to owners, Football Ventures, and his own backroom staff for their unheralded role in success on the pitch.

“I can’t thank Sharon Brittan enough for what she has done for this football club but I think it is important to acknowledge Michael James and Nick Luckock and the part they have played in this journey too,” he said.

“I am really fortunate to be the manager of this brilliant football club and, in turn, be the face of it alongside Sharon, but I also want to say a huge thank you to my team who work tirelessly behind the scenes every day to help improve the club and the playing squad.”

Wanderers finish their regular season with a game at Bristol Rovers next Sunday lunchtime, after which they will know whether they play against Barnsley or Sheffield Wednesday in a two-legged play-off semi-final. Having already won at Wembley in the Papa Johns Trophy, Evatt and his squad are keen to return to claim more success.

“The players have been a pleasure to work with and they are good people, they buy into the community aspect we have built here at Bolton Wanderers and they are coachable every single day,” the manager said.

“They listen to me shout, scream and moan but they are always ready to get out there to improve and progress and their hunger to do well for this football club is second to none.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum