Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UK's Worst Sitcom.

+2
Hip Priest
boltonbonce
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty UK's Worst Sitcom. Fri May 12 2023, 22:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just sat through six episodes of Come Back Mrs Noah, and my head hurts. I had a vague memory of it, and it wasn't a favourable one, but I decided to give it a go.
The series isn't available on DVD, so I had to make do with youtube, and my worst fears were confirmed. It's bloody awful.
Despite the comedic talents of Molly Sugden, Ian Lavender, and co, it couldn't possibly be saved.
It lasted six episodes.
It might be the worst sitcom I've ever seen, but I'm sure I can think of other contenders given time. 
Any of you lot got a view?

2UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 01:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread - Carla Lane's follow up to the Liver Birds.

Anything Wendy Craig was in.

Citizen Khan

Desmond's - actually it might have been funny but as I couldn't understand half of what they were saying, I never found out if it was or wasn't.

Two Sitcoms that I thought were very funny but most people don't seem to have heard of are -

Black Books

and

Nightingales.

3UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 01:27

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Terry and June

4UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 03:21

Mad Dog

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

No mention of Mrs Brown’s Boys yet? It’s a sad state of tv today when that gets a place on Christmas Day BBC tv. Absolutely dreadful stuff. 

Others I can think of that are not funny in the slightest were Butterflies, Watching, Absolutely Fabulous, Dinnerladies, Chef, Waiting for God. 

As for sitcoms I really liked that were not so well known I thought Don’t Wait Up was really good.

5UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 07:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Dog wrote:No mention of Mrs Brown’s Boys yet? It’s a sad state of tv today when that gets a place on Christmas Day BBC tv. Absolutely dreadful stuff. 

Others I can think of that are not funny in the slightest were Butterflies, Watching, Absolutely Fabulous, Dinnerladies, Chef, Waiting for God. 

As for sitcoms I really liked that were not so well known I thought Don’t Wait Up was really good.
The first 1 or 2 seasons of Mrs browns boys weren't that bad and quite enjoyed it. 

God knows what’s happened to it now though as they tried to make it into a chat show or something. 

I agree about it being on at Xmas day though!

6UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 09:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Family was awful and ran for years, even worse was Last of the Summer Wine, that dragged on for decades! 

Can't remember the names but any of the ones Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer were in were also rubbish. The Brittas Empire and Keeping Up Appearances were also terrible.

There is only one option for best ever - Father Ted.

7UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Bread - Carla Lane's follow up to the Liver Birds.

Anything Wendy Craig was in.

Citizen Khan

Desmond's - actually it might have been funny but as I couldn't understand half of what they were saying, I never found out if it was or wasn't.

Two Sitcoms that I thought were very funny but most people don't seem to have heard of are -

Black Books

and

Nightingales.

Black Books was brilliant. Can't remember Nightingales, so I'll have to give it a go.

Gimme Gimme Gimme, is another one for the dustbin of history.

8UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 10:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Him and her. A more modern sitcom was shit.

The sitcoms with James cordon in. Fat friends I think it was called and gavin and Stacey.

I thought Bread was pretty good Sluffy.

9UK's Worst Sitcom. Empty Re: UK's Worst Sitcom. Sat May 13 2023, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Him and her. A more modern sitcom was shit.

The sitcoms with James cordon in. Fat friends I think it was called and gavin and Stacey.

I thought Bread was pretty good Sluffy.

Each to their own taste, Karly, although I agree with you about Cordon - I thought it was only me who didn't find him (or Gavin and Stacey) in the least funny.

Mrs Brown's boys is a national disgrace.

I read somewhere that on the back of the first couple of series that the BBC agreed with the creator of Mrs Brown (Brendan O'Carroll), something like a seven year contract for future series and which included guaranteed Christmas Day slots (I guess the idea was for it to become the flagship Christmas Day comedy to replace Fools and Horses?)

This article confirms that the seven year contract will run until at least 2026.

Mrs Brown's Boys boss signs new deal to keep the BBC sitcom's Christmas specials on air until at least 2026

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9066843/Mrs-Browns-Boys-boss-signs-new-deal-sitcoms-Christmas-specials-air-2026.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum