Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Sharps

+4
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Sharps Empty Big Sharps Sat Jun 03 2023, 22:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He passed away on Wednesday at just 37 years old.

There is a thread on ww started by Barryk32 - who I believe was related to Sharps (Adam Sharples)as an uncle.

He was well known to those of us Burnden Aces - and to some of us (especially Keegan) not in the nicest of ways - but I don't think any one of us would have wished this on him - I certainly don't and I was the one who bore the brunt of most of his shit.

Barry says on the thread that he had to put Adam's door through because no one could contact him.  Sounds as though he died alone, sadly.

He was married with three kids.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family and all who knew him.

Adam Sharples - RIP.

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/101191-big-sharps/

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Jun 04 2023, 01:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction - three children not two)

2Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sat Jun 03 2023, 22:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Goodness me. Remember the poster. Best Wishes to his family.

3Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sat Jun 03 2023, 22:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't know the young man, but my heart goes out to his friends and family.

4Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sun Jun 04 2023, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad news about a Burnden Aces legend.

Wasn't Big Sharps also Scott on here? I hope I'm wrong.

5Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sun Jun 04 2023, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sad news about a Burnden Aces legend.

Scott came back on Nuts a short while ago but hasn’t been back on since the 4th April.

6Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sun Jun 04 2023, 14:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Sad news about a Burnden Aces legend.

Scott came back on Nuts a short while ago but hasn’t been back on since the 4th April.

I don't think the two accounts are from the same person, I couldn't imagine Sharps not continuing having a go at me if he was posting on here under the Scotty alias.

I don't know for sure though so I could be wrong.

I've also typed Adam Sharples Bolton, into Google to see if there had been some sort of obituary for him.  I couldn't find one, maybe it is too soon after his death yet, but I did find a few links to where he had been in the news.

I post them below if anyone is interested.

(Just to confirm these links are to the same Adam Sharples, the picture he has of himself on his Twitter account matches with his pictures in the articles).

https://twitter.com/Big_Sharps

Adam Sharples from Farnworth nominated for Slimming World Man of the Year
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/15515693.adam-sharples-from-farnworth-nominated-for-slimming-world-man-of-the-year/

Also - A Fundraising event by him.

I am 34 years of age and I am a grassroots football coach for 12 months and coaching this group of kids has given me a sense of belonging and something that I wish I had taken up 10 years ago and now I want to show them how important they are to me by walking 47 miles from St James's High School, Farnworth to the North Pier in Blackpool on August 31st in order to raise funds for them to buy a new kit and hopefully some new training equipment and balls etc.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/b9x392-new-kit?sharetype=teams&member=5212398&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&pc_code=tw_co_dashboard_a&rcid=8f9312a83de544ba9e5da59f9d16bc8c

Fair play to him for both the above.

RIP.

7Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sun Jun 04 2023, 15:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy, I get the feeling that from your links the bloke had some mental health issue of some sort.

RIP!

8Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Sun Jun 04 2023, 15:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Sluffy, I get the feeling that from your links the bloke had some mental health issue of some sort.

RIP!

I suspect the same.

On the face of it he was married and had three kids but from what was said he died alone.  

Something must have happened and it doesn't seem to fit with him having some terminal illness - I would imagine he would have had support around him that being the case.

Whatever did happen to him he went far too young and left his sons behind.

It certainly must be hard on those who loved him.

I'm no expert on mental health but I've had to go through serious shit in my time.

I can only speak for myself but I found that the way I coped was through talking about it - to anyone really, even if they didn't want to listen.

Of course no one has the answers - you can't bring a loved one back to life if they had died for instance - but I found talking about all the bad stuff somehow helped me to come to terms with things - it sort of helped me to process what had happened (by going external - if you will), whereas my brain wouldn't somehow process things internally - probably because they hurt so much.

I found this method all by myself back then but in recent years it has become a more well known thing to do.

Easy to say and all that but in order to do it you have to face up to your demons, whilst you are having to accept that whatever shit you are also going through isn't going to turn out good for you in the end.

You've got to let it out and go from you, otherwise it just festers and eats you up from the inside.

Ironically I can see an awful lot of posters on social media who do carry grudges and hatred about with them - they feed on it and it makes them worse.

Honestly who cares about what happened thirty, forty, fifty years ago  - United fans throwing stones at our bus, the Thatcher years, Brexit, even our disallowed goal against Everton - they've gone, they can't be changed, time to let it go and move on with our lives.

I don't know what happened to poor Sharps but I suspect something more recently happened bad to him and he's not been able to let it go and it has ended the way it has.

All I can say is if anyone ever is in a hole, then reach out - a burden shared and all that.  

It really does work - I know first hand.

9Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Mon Jun 05 2023, 16:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Barry (his uncle?) has reported on ww that Adam died of natural causes.

RIP

10Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Mon Jun 05 2023, 18:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sudden adult death syndrome then?

11Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Wed Jun 07 2023, 00:38

Frantic42

David Ngog
David Ngog

He was an absolute top lad his kids meant the world to him and he will be missed dearly by many!😪

12Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Tue Aug 01 2023, 01:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's been a request on Twatter that fans have a minutes' applause on Saturday for Big Sharps on the 37th minute:

It reads:
Can we do a minutes applause in the 37th min on Sat for season ticket holder Adam Sharples please? ‘Big Sharps’ passed away suddenly on the 2nd June at 37 years old. His family & friends will be at the game including 2 of his 3 boys (pictured)

13Big Sharps Empty Re: Big Sharps Tue Aug 01 2023, 10:35

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A really sad story. I didn’t know of Sharps but it’s always sad when someone so young passes away. It’s clear not everything was going well for him but sincere condolences to his family. RIP Sharps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum